Automotive pricing and information publisher NADAguides.com has named the 2012 Acura TL featured Vehicle of the Month for January. The refreshed Acura TL was released early in 2011 and struggled with shortages throughout the year but finished with a strong sales month in December.
NADAguides.com has noticed a rising trend in consumer interest levels according to recent website data, and has recommended the 2012 Acura TL “a compelling vehicle option for consumers shopping for performance luxury sedans.”
Read the NADAguides.com full news release below:
NADAguides.com Names the 2012 Acura TL Featured Vehicle of the Month for January
NADAguides.com, the leading provider of vehicle pricing and information, announces the 2012 Acura TL as the Featured Vehicle of the Month for January. Offering updated styling front and rear, improved performance, fuel economy and upgraded technology the Acura TL presents a compelling vehicle option for consumers shopping for performance luxury sedans.
The slightly refined and improved styling of the 2012 Acura TL has made quite the impression on the analysts at NADAguides.com. The minor front and rear end refinements coupled with noticeable interior enhancements have taken the design a long way and made the Acura TL more of a competitor in the consumer’s eyes. The addition of the new 6-speed Sequential Sportshift automatic transmission not only provides smooth and ample power, but has also improved performance and fuel economy; another reason why this vehicle is being considered by more consumers according to website interest levels.
In addition to performance and styling enhancements, the 2012 Acura TL has also been named a Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS); pretty impressive earning this title under the organization’s more-stringent testing guidelines implemented last year. These accolades have helped establish the 2012 Acura TL not only as a segment leader, but also as the NADAguides.com Featured Vehicle of the Month for January.
NADAguides analysts have noted an upward trend for the 2012 Acura TL during calendar year 2011, indicating rising consumer interest in the vehicle and confirming its position as a strong luxury sedan competitor.
The 2012 Acura TL has a starting MSRP of $35,605 for the 2WD 4dr Sedan and goes up to a MSRP of $45,085 for the top end 4dr Sedan SH-AWD Advance model.
• Troy Snyder, Director of Product Development at NADAguides: “The TL is a driver’s car, from the cockpit-like interior where everything is easily and intuitively accessible to the powerful and responsive six-speed automatic transmission. The 2012 Acura TL possesses the perfect combination of styling, comfort and performance earning it our first Featured Vehicle of the Month spot for 2012.”
• Jeff Conrad, Vice President and General Manager of Acura Sales: “Acura is honored to be recognized as NADAguides.com Featured Vehicle of the Month. For the 2012 model year, Acura focused on taking the already innovative TL and refining it even further to ensure it remains a leader among luxury sports sedans and an automobile that will continue Acura’s legacy of ground-breaking style, performance, refinement and value. With new styling, a Sequential SportShift 6-speed automatic transmission and a host of other improvements, the TL offers everything that the luxury performance sedan buyer wants.”
2012 Acura TL Highlights
• Engine: The 2012 Acura TL comes with a 280 horsepower, front-wheel-drive version as well as a powerful 305 hp version paired with Acura’s exclusive Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®). The performance-minded 6MT model (with 6-speed manual transmission, handling and steering improvements) will continue to be offered in the 2012 TL SH-AWD® lineup, helping broaden the TL’s appeal among luxury performance sedan buyers.
• Interior: Positioned as a driver’s car, the interior of the 2012 Acura TL features a refined cabin that includes instrument cluster changes, new surface finishes and available ventilated front seats. Logically placed controls are easily accessible and help to lessen distraction when driving.
• Technology: Technology improvements for 2012 include an “active pairing” functionality for Bluetooth enabled mobile phones as well as dial-by-number and dial-by-voice tags. The new available Advance Package offers the ventilated front seats, larger wheels and the new blind spot information (BSI) system. NADAguides.com analysts were able to get comfortable quickly, dial in custom audio and climate settings and begin enjoying the new driving experience
• Safety: The 2012 Acura TL boasts several advanced safety features including Acura’s acclaimed Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure. The ACE™ body design enhances occupant protection and crash compatibility in frontal crashes by utilizing a network of connected structural elements to distribute crash energy more evenly throughout the front of the vehicle. Six airbags and active head restraints for the driver and front passenger seats are just some of the many passive safety features standard on the TL. The addition of these features can be attributed to the 2012 Acura TL earning an IIHS Top Safety Pick.
• Price/Warranty: The 2012 Acura TL has a starting MSRP of $35,605 for the 2WD 4dr Sedan and goes up to a MSRP of $45,085 for the top end 4dr Sedan SH-AWD Advance model. Acura offers a four year, 50,000 mile warranty.
About NADAguides.com Featured Vehicle of the Month
The NADAguides.com Featured Vehicle of the Month provides consumers with practical information on new cars, trucks and SUVs chosen by the analysts at NADAguides.com for exceptional performance, efficiency, features, options and appeal. Criteria used to determine the Featured Vehicle of the Month includes: quality of engineering, fuel efficiency, safety equipment and ratings, pricing and overall value, sales trends, consumer market interest on NADAguides.com, and test drives performed by NADAguides market analysts. Featured Vehicle of the Month vehicles are eligible for theNADAguides.com Vehicle of the Year award.
NADAguides.com (www.nadaguides.com) is the largest publisher of vehicle pricing and information for new and used cars, classic cars, motorcycles, boats, RVs, and manufactured homes. NADAguides.com offers in-depth shopping and research tools in addition to the most market-reflective pricing available. The company also produces software, mobile applications, raw data, web services, web-syndicated products and print guidebooks.