Video: 2014 Acura RLX “Luxury, Luxury” Commercial

Posted by  on  March 20th, 2013 15 comments

2014 Acura RLX Commercial

Here’s the very first commercial for the all-new 2014 Acura RLX from Acura USA:

“The “Luxury, Luxury” commercial shows that no matter how many luxury items you own, nothing compares to the new Acura RLX. With features like Precision All-Wheel Steer™ and Jewel Eye™ LED headlights, the RLX is luxury, taken to a whole new level.”

[Source: Acura via YouTube]

Filed under: RLX, Videos
Tags: ,

1. April 2nd, 2013 at 19:36 | #1

For anyone wondering about the wristwatch featured, it’s a 41mm TAG Heuer Carrera with the newer 1887 movement on black alligator strap.

2. tile girl
    April 3rd, 2013 at 17:06 | #2

Wondering if you can give us any info on the glass tile in the “luxury shower”??? I have had customers calling all week asking if we can get it. Thanks!

3. April 4th, 2013 at 15:15 | #3

@tile girl

Sorry tile girl, I know watches but not tiles! If you are really inclined to find out, you could try reaching out to the ad agency that produced the commercial: http://www.rpa.com

4. April 12th, 2013 at 16:34 | #4

Why did the ad agency pull the “luxury shower” part of the commercial out of the commercial? Like tile girl, I liked the tiles. I also like the vehicle. Thank you.

5. 1887
    April 13th, 2013 at 04:53 | #5

@AcuraConnected
    I was so happy so see this on the commercial, I recognized it right away. I have the version 3 with the tachymetre.

6. April 15th, 2013 at 18:02 | #6

Why did they take the Luxury Shower out of the commercial …. now the guy gets out of bed and is DIRTY as he puts on his luxury suit! lol!!!! I loved that shower!!!!!!

7. Rphil205
    April 18th, 2013 at 14:42 | #7

I don’t like it. Strikes me as egotistical. “I’m a superior individual with all of my luxuries.”

8. Michelle
    April 23rd, 2013 at 21:17 | #8

I love the bed. Looking for something like that. What brand is it?

9. Jennifer
    April 24th, 2013 at 21:36 | #9

What is the luxury coffee maker shown in the commercial?

10. susan
    April 26th, 2013 at 14:02 | #10

this is the most disgusting commercial for Acura that I have seen, and has probably turned me off for Acura cars forever.

11. Rosie
    April 26th, 2013 at 15:38 | #11

This is, without a doubt, the most irritating commercial to hit the airwaves in a very long time. Congratulations Acura – every time it appears I change the channel!! Luxury, luxury . . . isn’t an Acura simply a “luxury Honda”?

12. muddawg1
    April 26th, 2013 at 18:19 | #12

I don’t begrudge people who have earned what they have, and I enjoy luxuriating from time to time myself. But this commercial is way, way off these days. The government, led by Owhatshisname, has for the past 5 years been leading class warfare pitching the so called “haves” against the so called “have nots”, read “contributors” against “leeches.” And this commercial plays right into their hands, showing a self-absorbed individual starting his day with “luxury sugar”. Come on. “Luxury sugar”? It is the image of this commercial within the context of the current class warfare that concerns me. And do note that Mr. Luxury, for all his stuff, still wakes up alone.

13. Jetman
    April 27th, 2013 at 11:28 | #13

What is the name of the actual actor in the commercial, not the voice actor?

14. Brenton Mastronardi
    April 28th, 2013 at 13:10 | #14

The coffee maker is a Jura model..

@Jennifer

15. Pat smith
    April 30th, 2013 at 17:58 | #15

I cannot stand the “Luxury” commercial and it has me seriously reconsidering ever buying an Acura again, although I love my MDX. People don’t buy Acuras for the appearance of luxury. We buy them for the UNDERSTATED luxury and the value/practicality that comes from Honda. You might gain a few buyers that might have been considering European luxury autos, but you’ll lose your base if you keep this up. Your ad guys missed the boat on this and you should pull the ad ASAP before it turns off more buyers from the brand. Ewwww.