Official release from acuranews.com:
American Honda Posts Record August Sales Up 26.7 Percent As Year To Date Sales Top 1 Million Vehicles
09/04/2013 – TORRANCE, Calif.
• Best month ever for CR-V contributes to Honda brand 29.1 percent sales increase
• Accord, Civic and CR-V each top sales of 30,000 units in August
• All-new MDX breaks all-time record, boosting Acura brand sales up 9.0 percent
• Acura RDX posts 16th straight record month of sales
Setting a new August record, American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported U.S. sales of 166,432 units, a total increase of 26.7 percent compared with a year ago (up 22.2 percent based on the Daily Selling Rate, or DSR*). Year-to-date sales of 1,053,449 units represent a year-over-year increase of 11.0 percent. The Honda Division posted August 2013 sales of 149,381 units, an increase of 29.1 percent compared with August 2012. Acura Division U.S. July sales of 17,051 units were up 9.0 percent compared with the prior year.
• Acura posts a 9.0 percent sales gain, and a 27.3 percent gain in light-truck sales, setting an all-time light-truck sales record for the second straight month
• The all-new MDX set a new all-time record with its best month ever, up 17.1 percent
• RDX was up 49.7 percent with its 16th successive monthly sales record
“More luxury SUV shoppers are choosing the Acura brand than ever before,” said Jeff Conrad, vice president and general manager of Acura sales. “RDX is unstoppable after 16 straight monthly records, and the all-new MDX is already proving it’s the one to beat, setting records in its first two full months of sales.”
*The daily selling rate (DSR) is calculated with 28 days for August 2013 and 27 days for August 2012. Year-to-date, the DSR is calculated with 206 days for 2013 and 205 days for 2012. All other percentages in release are unadjusted; see table for adjusted DSR figures.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales For August 2013|
|2013||2012||% Chg.||2013||2012||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||17,051||15,646||5.1%||109,182||101,407||7.1%|
|Memo: TSX Wagon||169||370||-56.0%||1,491||2,736||-45.8%|
|Memo: ILX Hybrid||125||136||-11.4%||1,128||395||184.2%|
|RLX / RL||459||41||979.5%||2,639||295||790.2%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts. ** Daily Selling Rate|