Official release from acuranews.com:
American Honda Posts Second-Best November Sales on Record; Acura Posts nearly 19-Percent Increase on Record Light-Truck Sales
12/03/2013 – TORRANCE, Calif.
• CR-V sets second consecutive monthly record
• Acura RDX sets 19th consecutive monthly record
• Acura light trucks post record November sales on strength of all-new MDX and RDX
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported November 2013 U.S. total sales of 116,507 units, a decrease of 0.1 percent compared with record November 2012 sales (down 3.9 percent based on the Daily Selling Rate, or DSR*). Year-to-date sales reached 1,390,057, an increase of 7.8 percent. Honda Division November sales reached 101,948, a decrease of 2.3 percent when compared to record division sales last November. Acura Division posted sales of 14,559, an increase of 18.9 percent compared to November 2012.
• Acura posted November sales of 14,559, an increase of 18.9 percent compared to last November, with Acura light trucks topping a record set in November of 2006
• MDX was the brand’s best-selling vehicle in November with 6,091 units, up 80.8 percent compared to last November
• RDX set its 19th consecutive monthly record with sales of 3,663, up 20.7 percent compared to last year
“It’s gratifying that the new MDX has sparked such a strong customer response so shortly after we hit a home run with RDX,” said Jeff Conrad, vice president and general manager of Acura sales. “It’s clear we’ve found the sweet spot of the luxury SUV market.”
*The daily selling rate (DSR) is calculated with 26 days for November 2013 and 25 days for November 2012. Year-to-date, the DSR is calculated with 282 days for 2013 and 281 days for 2012. All other percentages in release are unadjusted; see table for adjusted DSR figures.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales For November 2013|
|2013||2012||% Chg.||2013||2012||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||14,559||12,246||14.3%||149,685||140,182||6.4%|
|Memo: TSX Wagon||104||384||-74.0%||1,868||3,820||-51.3%|
|Memo: ILX Hybrid||44||174||-75.7%||1,417||853||65.5%|
|RLX / RL||676||11||5809.1%||4,456||361||1130.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts. ** Daily Selling Rate|