Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
American Honda Reports January 2014 Sales as Acura Division Sets New Records
02/03/2014 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- Acura light truck sales post 37.1 percent increase to set new January record
- MDX sales rise more than 64 percent; RDX sales up for 21st consecutive month
- Honda Odyssey posts 16.6 percent increase; CR-V sales up 2.4 percent
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported January 2014 Honda and Acura vehicle sales of 91,631 units, a decrease of 2.1 percent vs. the same period last year amid record cold weather that affected industry sales in many parts of the U.S. Led by a strong lineup of all-weather SUVs, the Acura Division gained substantially in January, with sales up 14.1 percent for a total of 10,823 for the month. The Honda Division recorded sales of 80,808.
- Acura light truck sales extended a remarkable run, setting a fourth straight monthly record.
- MDX also continued its exceptionally strong sales pace with a 64.7 percent increase for its best January ever.
- RDX claimed its 21st consecutive monthly record, adding 9.7 percent for another January record.
“Even the frigid January weather couldn’t stop the all-wheel-drive MDX and RDX from posting another record sales month,” said Jeff Conrad, vice president and general manager of Acura Sales. “Acura is starting the year on strong footing that will get even stronger when the RLX Sport Hybrid and all-new TLX luxury sport sedan go on sale later this year.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales For January 2014|
|2014||2013||% Chg.||2014||2013||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||10,823||9,489||14.1%||10,823||9,489||14.1%|
|Memo: TSX Wagon||97||196||-50.5%||97||196||-50.5%|
|Memo: ILX Hybrid||27||84||-67.9%||27||84||-67.9%|
|RLX / RL||420||13||3130.8%||420||13||3130.8%|
|Memo: RLX Hybrid||0||0||0.0%||0||0||0.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts. ** Daily Selling Rate|