Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
Acura Gains Drive American Honda Sales Results in February 2014
03/03/2014 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- Accord, Civic, CR-V and Odyssey continue sales momentum
- Acura light trucks rise 29.8 percent to set fifth consecutive monthly sales record
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported February 2014 Honda and Acura vehicle sales of 100,405 units. Acura light trucks bucked the February trend, gaining 29.8 percent for the month on sales of 7,482 units. The Honda Division recorded sales of 88,860.
Acura light truck sales topped even last year’s torrid pace with a fifth straight monthly record, rising 29.8 percent.
- Acura Division sales bucked market trends with an increase of 1.6 percent overall on sales of 11,545 units
- MDX sales continue to soar with a 54.9 percent increase on sales of 4,563 units last month
- RDX posted its 22nd consecutive monthly sales record with sales up 4.2 percent with 2,911 units sold
“Offering the comfort, connectivity and performance every luxury customer wants at a price no other luxury brand can match is clearly a winning formula for Acura light trucks,” said Jeff Conrad, vice president and general manager of Acura Sales. “With Acura trucks setting records month after month, we are creating great momentum for the introductions this year of the RLX Sport Hybrid and all-new TLX luxury performance sedan.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales For February 2014|
|2014||2013||% Chg.||2014||2013||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||11,545||11,364||1.6%||22,368||20,853||7.3%|
|Memo: TSX Wagon||103||214||-51.9%||200||410||-51.2%|
|Memo: ILX Hybrid||42||154||-72.7%||69||238||-71.0%|
|Memo: RLX Hybrid||0||0||0.0%||0||0||0.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts. ** Daily Selling Rate|