Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
American Honda Sets New November Sales Records; Core Vehicles Lead the Way
Dec 2, 2014 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- Honda Division and Honda Trucks also set new November marks, up 4.9 and 18.3 percent, respectively
- Honda CR-V smashes previous November best with a gain of 37.7 percent versus 2013
- Honda Fit shatters November record, jumping 55.1 percent
- TLX and ILX sedans push Acura Cars up 29.5 percent in November while driving an overall division increase
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported a new November Honda and Acura vehicle sales record of 121,814 units, an increase of 4.6 percent versus November 2013. Overall AHM truck sales also set a November record, increasing 12.9 percent on sales of 60,384 vehicles. The Honda brand set a new November best, recording sales of 106,957 vehicles—an increase of 4.9 percent for the month. The Acura brand posted sales of 14,857 units in November, increasing 2.0 percent over the same period last year.
Acura sedans pushed an overall brand increase in November, led by the new popular TLX and growing momentum from the ILX. Acura trucks also fared well, maintaining strong market performance as MDX continues to lead the Acura division overall.
- The Acura sedan lineup rose substantially in November, gaining 29.5 percent for the month on sales of 6,208 vehicles.
- TLX was Acura’s second best-selling model again in November with over 4,200 units sold, even as tight supply of some models in the TLX lineup kept the new sedan from eclipsing its stellar October result.
- ILX gained 4.4 percent for the month on sales of 1,652 units.
“The strength of Acura sedans is clearly on the rise since bringing the hot-selling TLX to market in late summer,” said Mike Accavitti, Acura division senior vice president and general manager. “And with demand outstripping supply, we see even more upside potential with TLX and the rest of our sedan lineup in the coming months.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for November 2014|
|2014||2013||% Chg.||2014||2013||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||14,857||14,559||6.1%||150,034||149,685||0.6%|
|Memo: TSX Wagon||2||104||-98.0%||637||1,868||-65.8%|
|Memo: ILX Hybrid||10||44||-76.4%||370||1,417||-73.8%|
|Memo: RLX Hybrid||37||0||0.0%||104||0||0.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts ** Daily Selling Rate ***Memo line items are included in the respective model total|