Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
American Honda Reports Strong Car and Truck Sales for August 2015
Sep 1, 2015 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- Honda CR-V breaks all-time record with 34,771 units sold, rising 2.0 percent
- Honda Accord, Civic and CR-V combine to exceed 100,000 sales in August
- Acura TLX gains more than 90 percent in August, with 4,353 vehicles sold
- Acura RDX continues strong run, up 9.5 percent on sales of 4,364
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported August 2015 sales of 155,491 Honda and Acura vehicles, a decrease of 6.9 percent over August 2014, when the industry had one additional selling day and an early Labor Day weekend. The Honda Division sold a total of 140,178 units, while Acura reported 15,313 vehicles sold in August.
Acura sedans enjoyed healthy August sales, strongly buoyed by the TLX as well as the redesigned ILX. The new RDX continued a quick sales pace, while MDX sales were slowed by short inventory. Total Acura sales are up more than 10 percent year-to-date.
- Sales of the TLX – Acura’s best-selling sedan— continued on a hot streak, increasing 90.4 percent on sales of 4,353 for the month
- Overall Acura sedan sales gained 24 percent for a total of 6,202 units sold in August
- RDX sales were up 9.5 percent in August, with 4,364 units sold in one of the industry’s hottest segments
“Strong sales of both sedans and trucks is now a reality for the Acura brand,” said John Mendel, executive vice president of American Honda. “Our lineup has avoided the ups and downs of the market which is keeping Acura on pace for our best sales year since 2007.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for August 2015|
|2015||2014||% Chg.||2015||2014||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||15,313||15,487||2.7%||117,315||105,918||11.3%|
|*** ILX Hybrid||1||24||-95.7%||20||330||-93.9%|
|*** RLX Hybrid||34||0||0.0%||181||0||0.0%|
|*** TSX Wagon||0||25||-100.0%||2||624||-99.7%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate
*** Memo line items are included in the respective model total