Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
American Honda Sets New April Sales Record: Honda Division Posts Best Ever April Sales
May 3, 2016 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- American Honda sedan and light truck sales push April sales up 14.4 percent to new record
- Honda Division posts best ever April with strong car and truck sales
- Acura Division marks April increase on record sales of RDX
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported a new April sales record of 148,829 Honda and Acura vehicles, an increase of 14.4 percent for the month. Year to date American Honda sales reached 506,532, up 9.2 percent. The Honda Division set a new monthly record with 132,623 units sold in April, an increase of 15.1 percent compared to April 2015 with year to date sales up 10.5 percent. Acura Division sales totaled 16,206, an increase of 9 percent in April with year to date sales reaching 54,081.
Acura strengthened its position in the luxury vehicle segment as the brand experienced strong sedan and record light truck sales in April. The Acura light truck lineup posted its best April sales on record sales of the RDX luxury SUV. Acura sedans racked up sales of over 5,500 units on the strength of the ILX gateway sedan and TLX performance luxury sedan.
- The RDX continues to show month-over-month sales increases, leading all Acura models in April and setting a new all-time monthly sales record of 5,905 units, an increase of 48.7 percent in April.
- The ILX gateway sports sedan continues to catch the attention of Millennial buyers as April sales totaled 1,633 for the month. The ILX has captured a higher rate of under 35 year old buyers than any other vehicle in the entry-luxury sedan segment since 20101.
“Acura performance sedans and SUVs continue to gain momentum and market share in their segments,” said Jon Ikeda, vice president and general manager of the Acura division. “Our lineup will further strengthen this summer when the restyled and reengineered MDX hits Acura dealerships.”
1 Based on IHS Automotive, Polk new U.S. retail vehicle registrations by volume for Luxury Traditional Subcompact segment and age of household data for 18-34 year olds for CY2011-2015 cumulatively.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for April 2016|
|2016||2015||% Chg.||2016||2015||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||16,206||14,874||4.9%||54,081||54,518||-1.8%|
|*** ILX Hybrid||1||2||-51.9%||1||14||-92.9%|
|*** RLX Hybrid||19||15||22.0%||68||68||-1.0%|
|*** TSX Wagon||0||1||-100.0%||0||2||-100.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate
*** Memo line items are included in the respective model total