Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
Car Sales Quicken and Trucks Continue Momentum as American Honda Sets New Sales Records in November
Dec 1, 2016 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- Powered by both cars and trucks, American Honda and the Honda Division set new November sales records
- American Honda and Honda Division trucks also set new November sales marks
- Sub-Compacts lead, with Fit gaining 43 percent and HR-V soaring 132 percent above year ago levels
- MDX sets November pace for Acura while RDX gets new November record
- Acura NSX reaches another milestone
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported total November sales of 122,924 Honda and Acura vehicles, an increase of 6.5 percent versus November of last year to set a new November record. American Honda trucks gained 9.9 percent for a new November record on sales of 62,737 units. Honda Division overall vehicle sales also set a new November mark of 111,308 units, rising 7.9 percent. Acura Division sales held fairly steady in November, totaling 11,616 units for a decrease of 5.1 percent.
Acura light trucks continued to show sales muscle, with MDX leading the month of November for the brand and RDX recording best-ever November sales. On the car side, RLX showed an uptick while NSX reached a new milestone.
- Acura trucks continued on pace to top 2015, gaining 7.6 percent with sales of 8,372 units in November.
- Sales of the redesigned MDX rose 13 percent on sales of 4,622 for the month.
- RDX had its best November sales to date, rising 1.6 percent on sales of 3,750 vehicles.
- RLX sales moved up slightly in November, gaining 16.7 percent on sales of 140 units.
- Reaching another milestone, the custom-crafted NSX supercar has topped 200 customer deliveries since sales commenced in May.
“Strong sales of the new Acura MDX demonstrate that our design direction and focus on performance is the right path for the Acura brand,” said Jon Ikeda, vice president and general manager of the Acura division. “With the NSX and the MDX leading the way, we will take our entire lineup toward Acura’s Precision Crafted Performance DNA.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for November 2016|
|2016||2015||% Chg.||2016||2015||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||11,616||12,244||-12.7%||144,212||160,342||-10.1%|
|*** ILX Hybrid||0||0||0.0%||1||22||-95.5%|
|*** RLX Hybrid||33||13||133.5%||204||234||-12.8%|
|*** TSX Wagon||0||0||0.0%||0||2||-100.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate
*** Memo line items are included in the respective model total