Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
February Brings More Sales Records for American Honda
Mar 1, 2017 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- American Honda continues record pace in February for total vehicle and truck sales
- Honda CR-V raises the bar again, breaking February record with a 26.3 percent jump
- Honda HR-V also nets a February record, gaining 28.6 percent
- Acura RDX has its best-ever February, rising 6.1 percent as it continues to pace division
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported total February sales of 121,686 Honda and Acura vehicles, an increase of 2.3 percent over February 2016 and a new record for the month. American Honda trucks also set a February record, rising 12.2 percent on sales of 63,989. Total Honda Division sales as well as Honda truck sales also set new February marks, with total Honda Division sales gaining 4.3 percent on sales of 110,822 and trucks up 15.3 percent on sales of 56,419 units. Acura Division sales were down 14.9 percent, with 10,864 vehicles sold in February.
Acura sales continued recent trends, with the RDX enjoying its best-ever February. NSX also remained steady, showing no signs of the winter doldrums that can affect ultra-performance cars. And after a strong first outing at Daytona in January, the NSX GT3 racecar goes to the legendary 12 Hours of Sebring in search of endurance racing glory later this month.
- Acura’s popular RDX set a new February record, gaining 6.1 percent on sales of 4,029 vehicles.
- Continuing a steady production and sales pace, 46 NSX supercars were sold in February.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for February 2017|
|2017||2016||% Chg.||2017||2016||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||10,864||12,733||-14.9%||20,066||23,023||-12.8%|
|*** Memo: RLX Hybrid||27||12||125.0%||38||30||26.7%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate
*** Memo line items are included in the respective model total