Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
American Honda Reports April Sales with Record for Honda Trucks
May 2, 2017 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- Honda Division sales up 1.2 percent for first four months of 2017
- CR-V posts fifth straight record month, up 26.6 percent for the year
- HR-V sets new April record, up 25.5 percent for the year
- Civic and Accord sales remain strong with retail customers
- Acura TLX sales jump 39.1 percent in April
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported April sales of 138,386 Honda and Acura vehicles, a decrease of 7.0 percent from year-ago results. The Honda Division saw a decrease of 6.3 percent on sales of 124,254 vehicles, while Honda trucks were up year-over-year, posting a 1.2 percent gain on sales of 61,114 units. Acura Division sales of 14,132 cars and SUVs were up from last month and were led by the TLX sedan with a 39.1 percent jump in April versus year-ago results.
Acura division sales of 14,132 units were led by TLX, which posted its best month since October 2015 on sales of 5,258 units, up 39.1 percent from last April, following a strong first-quarter marketing campaign. Next month TLX will receive an additional boost with the launch of the significantly redesigned 2018 model, with three distinct variants including a new V6-powered A-Spec model, adding aggressive new styling to the performance luxury sedan.
- TLX recorded its best-ever April and second best month ever on sales of 5,258 units, up 39.1 percent over last year
- Acura light truck sales remained strong with MDX and RDX combining for sales of over 7,845 units, with the launch of the new 2017 MDX Sport Hybrid expected to boost sales in the months ahead.
“We’re seeing our new marketing efforts resonate with buyers with TLX posting strong sales in a tough segment,” said Jon Ikeda, vice president & general manager of Acura. “With the new 2018 TLX launching next month, including the all-new A-Spec model, we look forward to broadening our appeal with performance-focused buyers.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for April 2017|
|2017||2016||% Chg.||2017||2016||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||14,132||16,206||-9.4%||45,894||54,081||-14.3%|
|*** MDX Sport Hybrid||57||0||0.0%||57||0||0.0%|
|*** RLX Hybrid||22||19||20.2%||90||68||33.7%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate
*** Memo line items are included in the respective model total