New Sales Records Set as Honda and Acura Make Substantial Gains in November
Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
Dec 1, 2017 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- Total American Honda sales rise 8.3% for a new November record; trucks also set record with 14.9% gain
- Honda Division sets new November sales mark, gaining 8.2%
- Honda Trucks have best-ever November sales with 15.8% increase
- Honda Civic nets new November record as sales jump 23.2%
- Honda Pilot with increased supply smashes previous November best with 57.2% gain
- Acura Division sales rise a robust 9.5% for the month, as both cars & trucks gain
- Acura RDX gets new record with all-time best November
- Acura TLX sales climb 12.4% in November
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported November sales of 133,156 Honda and Acura vehicles, an increase of 8.3 percent over November 2016 and a new November record for the company. Honda Division reported an increase of 8.2 percent on total sales of 120,440 for a best-ever November, with cars rising 0.9 percent on sales of 57,459, and Honda trucks up 15.8 percent on sales of 62,981 for yet another new record. Acura Division sales climbed 9.5 percent in November, with cars gaining 11 percent on sales of 3,600 and trucks rising 8.9 percent on sales of 9,116 units.
Rising across virtually the entire lineup, Acura sales gained a solid 9.5 percent in November. MDX sales were up substantially with the move to the East Liberty, Ohio plant alongside stablemate RDX. NSX made big strides, while TLX gained 12.4 percent over November 2016.
- MDX sales gained 15.6 percent for the month, with 5,341 units sold.
- RDX set a new November record, rising 0.7 percent on sales of 3,775 vehicles.
- NSX notched sales of 83 units, a gain of 62.7 percent over November 2016.
- TLX sales were up 12.4 percent on sales of 2,564 in November.
“The Acura brand continued its market resurgence at a steady pace benefitting from product, marketing and sales efforts, all aligned behind our Precision Crafted Performance brand direction,” said Jon Ikeda, vice president & general manager of Acura Sales. “Our focus for the remainder of the year is to continue to build momentum we can take into 2018.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for November 2017|
|2017||2016||% Chg.||2017||2016||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||12,716||11,616||9.5%||139,540||144,212||-3.2%|
|*** RLX Hybrid||36||33||9.1%||223||204||9.3%|
|***MDX Sport Hybrid||301||0||0.0%||1,579||0||0.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate
*** Memo line items are included in the respective model total