Acura Sales Climb 11% as American Honda Posts Strong February Results
Mar 1, 2019
- Acura brand trucks set new February mark as RDX also gets record and MDX rises in double digits
- Honda HR-V sets February sales record, its best month since a June 2018 flood strapped supplies
- Honda Accord sales rise 2.5% in tight sedan market
- Honda CR-V gains 1.7%, surpassing 26,000 sales
Acura continued to gain traction as sales climbed more than 11% for the month. Acura trucks, up 24%, set a new February record. Sedans remained strong as ILX and TLX continue to outperform their segments in retail sales.
- RDX sales jumped 31.8% in February on sales of 4,965 units, a February record and the 9th consecutive month of record sales.
- MDX had a robust month, gaining 14.9% on sales of 3,833 units.
- ILX sales were up 15.8%, despite inventory issues related to the ramp-up of the refreshed 2019 model.
- Coming off its best year ever, the new RDX has continued as the #1 retail-seller in segment, the #2 retail-selling luxury SUV and the #3 model in all of luxury.
- Acura began 2019 with retail sales up 10% while key competitors experienced declines.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for February 2019|
|2019||2018||% Chg.||2019||2018||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||12,213||10,969||11.3%||21,977||19,877||10.6%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate