American Honda Announces April Sales Results
May 1 , 2019
- Civic continues to lead U.S. passenger car sales, driven by strong retail performance
- Honda truck sales rise 2.7% in April as Passport adds strength and CR-V and Pilot maintain momentum
- Acura trucks also gain, with RDX surging 17.3% on the way to an overall increase of 6.2% for the month
Acura sales pushed against the softening market with Acura trucks remaining strong, led by another big gain for RDX, and ILX posting a double-digit increase.
- RDX, the reigning sales leader in its segment, posted an 11th consecutive month of increased sales, climbing 17.3% to 4,926 units in April.
- ILX continued to bring new customers to the brand as Acura’s gateway sedan posted a strong 13.8% gain on sales of 1,152 vehicles.
- Acura light-truck momentum continues this year with double-digit gains and 20% growth in Q1, which followed an all-time annual sales record in 2018.
- With 28% retail growth, the refreshed ILX had the largest gains in segment with the lowest incentives.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for April 2019|
|2019||2018||% Chg.||2019||2018||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||11,687||11,888||-5.6%||48,072||45,302||6.1%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate