Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
Honda Sets All-Time December Sales Record to Earn 2nd Best Annual Sales Total for American Honda; Acura Light Trucks Post Best Year in Brand History
- CR-V annual sales top 300,000 for first time, joining Accord and Civic
- Accord posts best annual sales since 2008 with double-digit gain plus strong December
- RDX posts 20th straight monthly increase, smashes previous mark with sales up 51.6 percent for the year
- MDX has best sales month in model history
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported total 2013 vehicle sales of 1,525,312 units, an increase of 7.2 percent for the year and the second-best result in company history. A total of 135,255 Honda and Acura vehicles were sold in December, eclipsing last December’s strong sales by 1.9 percent (5.9 percent based on the Daily Selling Rate, or DSR*). Honda Division annual sales reached 1,359,876 units in 2013, a year-over-year increase of 7.4 percent and the second best all-time sales total for the Honda brand. The Acura Division posted year-to-date sales of 165,436, a 5.9-percent gain and the best result since 2007.
Honda Division sold 119,504 vehicles in December, a 2.4-percent increase from the previous December. Acura Division posted December sales of 15,751.
Acura light trucks continued to break sales records in 2013 with RDX smashing previous bests and the all-new MDX completing a strong fourth quarter with its best-ever month to push Acura trucks to their best sales year ever.
- RDX recorded monthly bests for 20 straight months, completing its record run in 2013 with a total sales increase of 51.6 percent for the year.
- MDX sales continued to rise sharply, delivering a 29.0-percent increase in December for its best month in history on strong customer demand and improving vehicle inventories. Full-year sales were up 4.3 percent to 53,040.
- RLX brought solid growth to the luxury sedan segment for Acura in an abbreviated model year, posting sales of 5,053 since going on sale last Spring.
“Customers are finding the combination of luxury, comfort, performance and utility in the RDX and MDX to be pretty irresistible,” said Jeff Conrad, vice president and general manager of Acura Sales. “With the strongest light truck lineup in our history, we’re now turning our focus on our sedan lineup with the all-new TLX to deliver further growth for Acura in 2014.”
*The daily selling rate (DSR) is calculated with 25 days for December 2013 and 26 days for December 2012. Year-to-date, the DSR is calculated with 307 days for 2013 and 307 days for 2012. All other percentages in release are unadjusted; see table for adjusted DSR figures.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales For December 2013
|Acura Division Total
|Memo: TSX Wagon
|Memo: ILX Hybrid
|RLX / RL
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts. ** Daily Selling Rate
Filed under: Acura News, Acura Official Releases, Acura Sales Tags: Acura Sales 2013