Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
04/17/2014 – TORRANCE, Calif.
Acura’s dynamic luxury light truck duo, the 2014 MDX luxury sport utility vehicle and the 2014 RDX luxury crossover sport utility vehicle, have been named as Top Rated Vehicles by Edmunds.com.
“This honor from Edmunds confirms what the sales records achieved by MDX and RDX already demonstrate; Acura has the best one-two punch in the luxury marketplace,” said Mike Accavitti, Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Acura Division. “With the five-passenger RDX and new seven-passenger MDX, Acura continues to deliver an outstanding combination of exhilarating performance, great fuel efficiency, extraordinary luxury and value.”
Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
04/16/2014 – NEW YORK, N.Y.
- Two new, high-performance engines backed by new 8- and 9-speed transmissions
- Most advanced dynamic package ever offered by Acura
- Sophisticated design, premium refinement and extensive luxury appointments
Acura today unveiled the all-new 2015 TLX performance-luxury sedan at the 2014 New York International Auto Show (NYIAS). Developed under the theme of Red Carpet Athlete, the all-new TLX is designed to deliver a unique and compelling blend of sports-sedan athleticism and premium luxury refinement.
“Harnessing the exhilarating power of new engines, new highly-efficient transmissions and next-generation dynamics technology – blended perfectly with impeccable style and luxury – the TLX will deliver a thrill like no other,” said Mike Accavitti, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Acura. “Both the considerable performance capabilities of the TLX and the serious energy and resources brought to the brand from the newly dedicated Acura team herald the start of a new era for Acura.”
Watch the Acura Press Conference Live from the 2014 New York International Auto Show
“The production 2015 Acura TLX will make its world debut during a press conference at the Jacob Javitz Center in New York on Wednesday, April 16 at 1:50 p.m. EDT. Be among the first to see and hear all about this remarkable new car, live, right here.”
A few days before the official Acura TLX unveil at the New York International Auto Show, a TLX Forums member who recently attended a TLX training session shared his notes on the car. Keep in mind the information posted below has not been confirmed.
• 3.5L V6 with specs of 290 horsepower and 267 lb-ft. 9-speed automatic transmission is paired with this engine. Acura says that regular shifts will occur at a rate 25% faster than the TL, and paddle shift inputs will be realized up to five times faster than the TL. Regarding fuel economy, both the FWD and AWD models will see an increase of 5 mpg highway over the TL. For city fuel economy ratings, the FWD is up 1 mpg and the AWD model is up 3 mpg over the TL. The SH-AWD system weighs 75% of the weight of the TL’s system, and because it’s smaller, Acura engineers were able to add an under storage space in the trunk (like the RLX). The TLX V6 is about 0.5 seconds faster than the TL in the 0-60mph race.
• 2.4L inline-four cylinder with 206 horsepower and 182 lb-ft. This powertrain features an 8-speed torque converter automatic (the new ZF box?). Expect fuel economy to increase by 2 mpg in the city and by 4 mpg on the highway
• Internally, Acura is targeting a sales goal of 45,000 TLX models per year. I am confident this model will make targets – it’s quite impressive in person.
• The TLX has about the same wheelbase length as the TL, but the overhangs are 4 inches shorter.
• Auto start-stop is standard (if it’s like the BMW system, I’m turning it off every single time I get in)
• There’s a new sport mode feature called Integrated Dynamic System (IDS) with an optional Sport Plus mode. It changes throttle response and steering feel. It also has an economy mode for when you feel like driving like a grandma.
• Siri Eyes Free is standard. I’m really excited for this!
• Electronic parking brake
• Rear seats fold down for cargo
• TLX FWD model is 150 lbs lighter than the TL FWD!
[Source: TLX Forums]
The NSX CONCEPT-GT made its Super GT debut this past weekend in Round 1 at Okayama International Circuit. Five teams are running the NSX CONCEPT-GT in the GT500 class this season, but the Weider Modulo DOME Racing Team had the best result of the group, finishing 5th place out of 15 cars overall.
The NSX teams will need to regroup for Super GT Round 2 which takes places on May 4th at Fuji Speedway.