Posted by on April 15th, 2013
2013 Acura RDX Interior
Completely redesigned for the 2013 model year, the second generation Acura RDX has recently been placed in WardsAutos’s 10 Best Interiors list. WardsAuto editors spent time with 46 models with new or significantly upgraded interiors, and judged them based on the following criteria: materials, ergonomics, comfort, safety, value, fit-and-finish and overall design.
Here’s what they had to say about the 2013 Acura RDX:
“The Acura RDX CUV, now in its second generation, secures its place with excellent fit-and-finish and an upscale sportiness that was lacking when the first version launched in 2006.
Editors rave about the RDX’s copious cargo hold, comfortable back seat and durable materials that should hold up well against the inherent abuse that comes from young families. Acura outsold Audi, Cadillac, Infiniti and Volvo in 2012 in the U.S., and the RDX interior demonstrates that Honda’s luxury brand can compete with the best.” – Tom Murphy, WardsAuto
See the full list and report at wardsauto.com.
Filed under: Acura News, RDX Tags: 2013 Acura RDX, Acura Awards, Acura Rankings
Posted by on March 25th, 2013
2013 Acura RDX TV Commercial – ALG Evaluation
A couple of TV spots from Acura that have been airing over the past few months in the US have finally found their way to YouTube. The ads themselves aren’t very wild or extravagant, but instead focus on quotes and recommendations coming from Automobile Magazine, Edmunds.com, Forbes.com and ALG. Check out the four clips below.
Click here to view the videos
Filed under: Videos Tags: 2013 Acura ILX, 2013 Acura MDX, 2013 Acura RDX, Acura Commercial
Posted by on October 1st, 2012
It’s the battle of compact crossovers: AutoGuide pits the 2013 Acura RDX against the 2012 Audi Q5.
“Projected to be one of the largest growth segments in the auto industry, Acura is looking to go from a back marker to a major player with the launch of its second-generation RDX. A solid offering, how does it stack up against stalwart German competition like the Audi Q5?”
Here’s the breakdown from AutoGuide:
|2013 Acura RDX AWD
Engine: 3.5L V6
Transmission: 6-Speed Auto
Max. Torque: 251
Fuel Economy: 19 MPG city / 27 MPG hwy
Cargo Room: 26 cu-ft
Total Cargo Room: 61 cu-ft
Second Row Leg Room: 38.3 in.
Starting Price: $35,720
|2012 Audi Q5 2.0 TFSI
Engine: 2.0L Turbo 4-Cyl
Transmission: 8-Speed Auto
Max. Torque: 258
Fuel Economy: 20 MPG city / 27 MPG hwy
Cargo Room: 29 cu-ft
Total Cargo Room: 57 cu-ft
Second Row Leg Room: 37.4 in.
Starting Price: $35,600
Watch the 9-minute video review from AutoGuide below or head over to autoguide.com for the full comparison.
Click here to view the video
Filed under: Acura Reviews, RDX, Videos Tags: 2013 Acura RDX, Audi, AutoGuide
Posted by on August 29th, 2012
The new formula for the 2013 Acura RDX seems to be working well in North America having posted record sales for the last few months. This year the RDX will also take a crack at the Chinese market as it joins Acura’s lineup as the new entry-level crossover.
Take a closer look at the Chinese RDX in this gallery from automotive site xgo.com.cn. You might notice the Basque Red Pearl RDX is decked out with OEM accessories available here in North America: Roof Rail, Cross Bars, 18” wheels, and Sport Running boards. But, like most Chinese-spec Acuras, there are some subtle exterior differences. The front headlights get clear corners and are accompanied by headlight washers. In the rear, the missing amber from the front headlights seem to have found its way into the tail lights. Also on the rear bumper there appears to be parking sensors and a fog light(thanks junior) centered between the two lower reflectors.
Check out the photos below and let me know if I’ve missed anything.
Filed under: Acura Galleries, RDX Tags: 2013 Acura RDX, Acura China
Posted by on August 22nd, 2012
The Entirely New Acura RDX
Is there anyone out there who hasn’t seen the Acura ILX “Airport” and “Office” commercials yet? They honestly seem like the most aired TV spots of the summer. Which of course is great exposure for Acura and the new ILX, especially since the ads are so well done and catchy. It’s probably not so great for their marketing budget though, I’d imagine all those prime time spots don’t come cheap.
The two ads below for the 2013 Acura ILX and RDX I haven’t actually seen aired on TV yet, in fact I first viewed them on YouTube just a few days ago. They complete the five-part TV campaign from rp& I posted about last month.
Again you should notice that the spots for the ILX and RDX are done in the same style as the other three, a studio setting, dark hues, and a voice over. They’re quite the contrast from the upbeat and colourful ILX “Airport” and “Office” commercials, but on the other hand, some of them do feature some really cool driving scenes.
Check them out below or click here to see the spots for the 2012 Acura TL, TSX and MDX.
Click here to view the videos
Filed under: ILX, RDX, Videos Tags: 2013 Acura ILX, 2013 Acura RDX, Acura Commercial, rp&
Posted by on August 9th, 2012
2013 Acura RDX – Edmunds.com
Watch a short but favourable video review of the 2013 Acura RDX from Edmunds.com:
“Erin Riches gives you the pros and cons of the Acura RDX, along with insight on pricing, safety, and fuel economy plus a list of competitors of the RDX including the Audi Q5, BMW X3, Cadillac SRX, Lexus RX 350, Mercedes-Benz GLK and Volvo XC60.”
See the video below or for more info on the Acura RDX visit edmunds.com.
Click here to view the video
Filed under: Acura Reviews, RDX, Videos Tags: 2013 Acura RDX, Edmunds.com
Posted by on July 12th, 2012
Rosenthal Automotive’s 2013 Acura RDX Test Drive & Review
When it comes to video reviews, no one pushes the boundaries of creativity like the Rosenthal Automotive group. Their past videos of the 2012 Acura TL and 2011 Acura MDX feature a thorough overview of the vehicle, stunning visuals, and an injection of humour for good measure.
The latest video features the all-new 2013 Acura RDX, and while the bizarre intro had me scratching my head and laughing at the same time, it’s still a quality review with that added entertainment value I’ve come to expect from Rosenthal Automotive.
Don’t miss Steve’s Matrix-like leap over the RDX in the video review below.
Click Here to view the video
Filed under: Acura Reviews, RDX, Videos Tags: 2013 Acura RDX, Rosenthal Acura
Posted by on July 2nd, 2012
Official release from acuranews.com:
2013 Acura ILX
- The all-new Acura ILX went on sale May 22, 2012. Positioned at the gateway to the Acura brand, it serves as Acura’s all-new compact luxury sedan.
- The ILX features three powertrain options:
- The entry-level ILX 2.0L is powered by a 150-horsepower, 2.0-liter inline 4-cylinder paired with a 5-speed automatic transmission with Sequential SportShift.
- The ILX 2.4L is powered by a 201-horsepower, 2.4-liter engine paired with a close-ratio, six-speed manual transmission.
- Acura’s first-ever gasoline-electric hybrid, the ILX Hybrid, uses a 1.5-liter inline engine and an Integrated Motor Assist® electric motor paired with a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). The Acura ILX 1.5L Hybrid has an EPA estimated* fuel economy rating of 39/38/38 mpg.
- With a starting MSRP of $25,900, the Acura ILX offers remarkable value for the money with robust feature content and premium appeal. Standard features include a Keyless Access System with smart entry and pushbutton start, Pandora® internet radio interface, SMS text message, power moonroof and Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®.
2013 Acura TSX
- The Acura TSX received a mid-cycle refresh in 2011, which included changes to exterior styling, significantly improved NVH, a wide array of new standard and optional features and an all-new variant: the TSX Sport Wagon.
- In 2012, the TSX Special Edition was introduced with numerous upgrades to exterior styling, celebrating Acura’s fun-to-drive spirit and 25 year history as a luxury brand in America.
- In 2012, the TSX line up continues to be one of Acura’s most popular sedans thanks to a great mix of styling, sporty performance, luxury appointments, good fuel efficiency and outstanding value on a luxury scale.
- The 2013 TSX sedan and Sport Wagon will go on sale in fall 2012 and will have no changes to the lineup.
2013 Acura TL
- In 2012 the Acura TL was significantly refined receiving fresh styling, improved performance and fuel economy and upgraded technology.
- The Acura TL can be equipped with Acura’s acclaimed Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ system (SH-AWD™) along with the option of a close-ratio, six-speed manual transmission for driving enthusiasts.
- The TL will go on sale in fall 2012 and will have no changes for 2013.
2013 Acura RDX
- Completely redesigned for 2013, the new RDX went on sale April 20, 2012 and had an all-time record sales month in May 2012 (up 216.8% compared to May 2011).
- The new Acura RDX is the right-sized crossover SUV with increased comfort, utility and power along with class-leading fuel-economy (EPA estimated* 20/28/23 for the RDX and 19/27/22 for the RDX AWD).
- The Acura RDX features a new 3.5L V-6 with 33 more horsepower than the previous model (273 horsepower), a new six-speed automatic transmission and a new available all-wheel-drive system.
- Standard features on the RDX include leather seating, heated power front seats, a power moonroof and a 360watt audio system. New technologies such as Pandora® internet radio interface, an SMS text messaging function, a Keyless Access System with pushbutton start, an Active Noise Control system and a rear view camera system with three unique viewing angles are also standard equipment.
- Available on the Technology Package, the RDX receives new features including Acura’s latest generation navigation system, a hard disk drive (HDD) with 60 gigabytes of storage capacity (15g dedicated for music) and a power actuated rear tailgate.
- The 2013 RDX has received the highest possible safety rating of TOP SAFETY PICK from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) earning a score of GOOD in all categories.
2013 Acura MDX
- The Acura MDX received a mid-cycle refresh in 2010 which included a new engine and transmission, a revised chassis, more comfort, improved technology and a fresh new exterior look.
- The MDX continues to be the best selling seven passenger luxury SUV.
- The 2013 MDX will go on sale in fall 2012 and will have no changes for the model year.
2013 Acura ZDX
- The Acura ZDX receives a mid-cycle refresh for the 2013 model year including exterior styling changes, new technology and will be sold in a single, valued-added package offering clients greater value on a luxury scale.
- Although the ZDX remains a niche vehicle for the Acura brand, it continues to garner attention for its unique styling while transcending the traditional distinctions between coupe, sedan and sport utility vehicle.
- The 2013 ZDX will go on sale in October 2012.
A “Sneak Peek” at What’s Coming in 2014
2014 Acura RLX
- The all-new RLX will launch in early 2013 as Acura’s new flagship sedan delivering an entirely new level of performance, sophistication and comfort.
- The RLX will boast the interior space of a large luxury sedan with the footprint and agility of a midsize luxury sedan.
- The all-wheel-drive RLX model will employ Acura’s highly advanced new Sport Hybrid SH-AWD® system (Super Handling All-Wheel Drive). The performance hybrid system utilizes a front-mounted electric motor, located within the dual clutch transmission, and a unique dual electric motor drive unit with a bilateral torque adjustable control system to instantly generate negative or positive torque to the rear wheels during cornering.
- The RLX will be offered in a 310 horsepower, front-wheel-drive version, which will deliver superior handling performance through the application of a new Acura technology— Precision All Wheel Steer™.
- The RLX equipped with Sport Hybrid SH-AWD® will deliver V-8 acceleration with four-cylinder fuel economy—producing 370 horsepower with an EPA estimated* fuel economy rating of 30/30/30 mpg.
*EPA estimated mileage = city/highway/combined fuel economy
Filed under: Acura News, Acura Official Releases Tags: 2013 Acura ILX, 2013 Acura MDX, 2013 Acura RDX, 2013 Acura TL, 2013 Acura TSX, 2013 Acura ZDX, 2014 Acura RLX