Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
Acura Celebrates Coming Launch of 2015 TLX Performance Luxury Sedan with Special TLX Acura Advantage Program
07/03/2014 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- All-new 2015 TLX available at Acura dealerships this August
- TLX introductory pricing starts at $30,995
- Special $500 allowance for Acura Genuine Accessories
The 2015 Acura TLX performance luxury sedan will arrive at Acura dealers nationwide beginning this August with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) starting at $30,995* for the 2.4-liter TLX. To celebrate the upcoming arrival of the all-new model, Acura will launch the TLX Acura Advantage1 program starting July 7, which offers prospective TLX customers the opportunity to reserve an all-new TLX at special introductory prices, along with special lease and APR financing rates and a $500 allowance toward the purchase of Acura Genuine Accessories.
The TLX Acura Advantage program, running throughout July and August, applies to sales of all 2015 TLX models: the 2.4-liter and 3.5-liter TLX models equipped with the luxury midsize segment’s only standard four-wheel steering system, Acura’s Precision All-Wheel SteerTM (P-AWSTM), and the top-of-the-line 3.5-liter TLX equipped with an upgraded version of Acura’s highly-regarded Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWDTM) system. The 2015 Acura TLX goes on sale beginning in August, starting with the launch of 2.4-liter and 3.5-liter models, followed by the all-wheel-drive 3.5-liter TLX SH-AWD.
“We appreciate the patience of our customers who have waited for the incredible all-new TLX to come to market and to reward them for their patience we’re offering the TLX Acura Advantage program, but of course the customers’ primary reward is the incredible 2015 Acura TLX,” said Mike Accavitti, senior vice president and general manager for the Acura division. “The TLX heralds a new era for the Acura brand and we are excited to begin the process of getting it in the hands of our current and new customers.”
The terms of the pre-sale program require that customers order a 2015 TLX by September 2, 2014 and take delivery by October 31, 2014 in order to qualify for the following TLX Acura Advantage benefits:
- TLX customers have the opportunity to take advantage of introductory lease and finance offers from Acura Financial Services, including a monthly lease payment of $299 for the 2.4-liter model and $349 for the 3.5-liter model for 36 months with a $2,499 down payment – or APR financing of 1.9% for 24-36 months or 2.9% for 37-60 months.
- New clients and existing owners of a 2004 or newer Acura vehicle who commit with a Buyer’s Order2 from July 7, 2014 to September 2, 2014 and take delivery by October 31, 2014 are eligible for a $500 Personalization Allowance for Acura Genuine Accessories (at MSRP), with which they are able to choose from a list of 2015 TLX Accessories or a special Acura Accessory Value Package associated with the program.
- Current Acura lessees may be eligible for a lease extension from Acura Financial Services of up to three months to allow for the arrival of an advance purchased TLX.
Interested customers can learn more about the introductory offers available at participating Acura dealers, including details about the program’s terms and conditions, at acura.com starting July 7.
2015 Acura TLX
The all-new 2015 TLX was designed to deliver a unique and compelling blend of sports-sedan athleticism and premium luxury refinement, appealing to a broad cross-section of luxury sports-sedan customers with a wide range of powertrain and drivetrain options. The TLX lineup features three distinct model offerings that carry a long list of standard luxury comfort, convenience and safety features. All TLX models can be upgraded to the Technology Package and the V-6 models are available with the line-topping Advance Package.
The three model variations feature two Acura exclusive, high-output direct-injected i-VTEC® engines, two advanced transmissions and two unique dynamic handling systems.
- The Acura TLX with a 2.4-liter 16-valve, 4-cylinder engine producing 206 horsepower3 mated to an all-new 8-speed dual-clutch transmission (8DCT) with torque converter. The 2.4-liter TLX has an MSRP of $30,995* and $35,025* with the Technology Package. For handling prowess, it features the latest iteration of Acura’s Precision All-Wheel Steer (P-AWS).
- The Acura TLX with a 3.5-liter 24-valve V-6 delivering 290-horsepower4 is mated to a new 9-speed automatic transmission (9AT) and will be available with both P-AWS and Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®). The two-wheel-drive model with P-AWS has a MSRP of $35,220* and $39,250* for the Technology Package. The 3.5-liter TLX with Advance Package has a MSRP of $42,500*.
- Sharing the same 3.5-liter dynamic powertrain as the two-wheel-drive model, the all-wheel drive TLX SH-AWD features a new hydraulically controlled version of Acura’s acclaimed torque vectoring SH-AWD and will be available with the Technology Package for an MSRP of $41,450* and $44,700* for the Advance Package.
Super Handling Technology
The latest iterations of Acura super-handling technologies, P-AWS and SH-AWD, along with Agile Handling Assist (AHA), help make the TLX the most dynamically advanced Acura ever produced; quick and responsive in sporty driving, stable and sure-footed in emergency maneuvers, and calm and quiet during long-distance cruising.
- The new P-AWS system was integrated into the fundamental chassis design from the earliest stages of development, allowing engineers to take full advantage of its independent left and right rear-wheel toe angle control to enhance handling precision, maneuverability and stability.
- The next-generation SH-AWD system is 25 percent lighter and friction is substantially reduced. The new rear-drive unit is constantly overdriven by 2.7-percent (compared to 1.7 percent on the previous system), with a greater torque-vectoring effect across a broader spectrum of driving situations, further enhancing cornering capability at lower speeds and in tighter-radius corners.
All TLX models also feature the latest development of Acura’s Integrated Dynamics System (IDS), which allows drivers to customize their driving experience through four selectable modes; ECON, Normal, Sport and Sport+. Depending on the setting, IDS will adjust power-steering effort, throttle response, transmission shift logic, HVAC system operation, active sound control and the control logic for either the P-AWS or SH-AWD systems. The new Sport+ mode, a first for Acura, unlocks the full performance potential of the TLX with the most aggressive settings in all areas.
The TLX equipped with the 2.4-liter engine has an EPA fuel-economy rating of 24/35/285 mpg city/highway/combined. The TLX two-wheel-drive with the 3.5-liter V-6 has an EPA fuel-economy rating of 21/34/2551 mpg (+1 city/+5 highway versus the outgoing two-wheel-drive 2014 TL). The TLX SH-AWD has an EPA fuel-economy rating of 21/31/255 (+3 city/+5 highway versus the outgoing 2014 TL SH-AWD).
Unlike other luxury vehicles in its class, the TLX offers a number of compelling features as standard equipment across the TLX lineup, including Jewel Eye™ LED headlights, Smart Entry and pushbutton ignition, rearview camera, Hill Start Assist and more.
Further, the TLX Tech and Advance trim levels add a host of available features, including a suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies, including the Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™), Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow and Blind Spot Indicator (BSI).
Design and Packaging
The TLX’s lithe new exterior design features taut body surfaces, dynamically sculpted fender arches, and purposeful character lines. Its sporting appeal is further highlighted by its more compact sports-sedan proportions (3.8-inches shorter in overall length than the 2014 TL) and Acura’s signature Jewel Eye™ LED headlights that are standard on all models. The spacious five-passenger interior of the TLX provides a high degree of refinement, luxury and technological sophistication while supporting an exhilarating driving experience.
An abundance of luxury features and technologies are available on the TLX, including heated and ventilated front seats, HomeLink®, Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®, smart entry and pushbutton ignition keyless access system, Acura Navigation System with 3D view, and AcuraLink® Real-Time Traffic™ with Traffic Rerouting. A 7-inch On Demand Multi-Use Display™ (ODMD) touch screen, located in the center console, controls these and other features, and, with its contextual menus, displays relevant items while minimizing instrument panel clutter.
Also available on the TLX is the next-generation AcuraLink®, Acura’s cloud-based connected car system, offering Acura owners a broad range of cloud-based and embedded convenience, connectivity and available security features. All TLX models also come equipped with Siri Eyes Free technology that, when paired with a compatible iPhone®, allows the driver to control functions using familiar voice commands. Additional standard and available luxury features include one-touch turn signals and power windows, power driver and front passenger seats, GPS-linked automatic climate control, Color Multi-Information Display (MID) with turn-by-turn guidance, LED accent lighting, HD Radio®, Pandora® and Aha™ integration and USB connectivity.
In keeping with Acura’s commitment to delivering a world-class audio experience, the TLX can be equipped with a 455-watt, 10-speaker Acura/ELS Studio® Premium Audio System, engineered specifically for the TLX by legendary recording engineer Elliot Scheiner.
Development and Manufacturing
The 2015 TLX was designed, developed and engineered in the U.S. Production of the new TLX and its powertrain will take place at the company’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Marysville, Ohio.6
Acura offers a full line of technologically advanced performance luxury vehicles through a network of 273 dealers within the United States. The Acura lineup features five distinctive models including the RLX luxury flagship sedan, the TLX performance luxury sedan, the ILX compact luxury sedan, the MDX luxury sport utility vehicle and the RDX luxury crossover SUV.
1 The TLX Acura Advantage program is only applicable to the order of an unavailable 2015 TLX. An unavailable 2015 TLX is a vehicle that is not currently in the dealership’s current on-hand inventory at the time of the client’s visit to the dealership.
2 Must obtain certificate from authorized Acura dealer and certificate must be presented at time of delivery. Certificate only valid at issuing dealer and for client named on certificate.
3 206 @ 6800 rpm (SAE net).
4 290 @ 6200 rpm (SAE net).
5 2015 EPA mileage ratings (city/highway/combined). Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending driving conditions, how the vehicle is driven and maintained, and other factors.
6 The TLX is built using domestic and globally sourced parts.
* MSRP excludes tax, license, registration, vehicle options and destination charge of $895.00. Dealer prices may vary.