Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
All-time Record Sales for Honda Accord Leads American Honda to Near-Record August
09/03/2014 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- Honda Accord sets all-time monthly record with 51,075 units sold – up 32.5% in August
- Honda Division sales reach 151,551, just 263 units shy of second-best month in history
- New Acura TLX drives heavy dealer traffic in its first weeks on the market
- Acura ILX has best-ever August sales, rising 5.7% for the month
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported August 2014 Honda and Acura vehicle sales of 167,038 units, an increase of 0.4 percent versus August of last year. The Honda division posted the third highest monthly sales result its 44-year history, on sales of 151,551 vehicles in August while Acura posted sales of 15,487 units in the same period. Year-to-date American Honda sales reached 1,042,382 units.
With the new Acura TLX arriving at dealers across the country last month, enthusiastic customers gave Acura dealers much to cheer about in August, as the new luxury performance sedan sold nearly as fast as dealers could unload them from transport trucks. While TLX supplies continue to ramp up, the best-selling MDX continued to set a near-record pace, and ILX enjoyed its best August on record.
- TLX went on-sale mid-August and is driving heavy dealer traffic to dealerships nationwide. The great majority of these early units were 3.5-liter V6 models as the 2.4-liter four cylinder began arriving later in the month and V6 SH-AWD models just starting to ship.
- With supplies improving, the Acura ILX posted its best ever August result on sales of 1,798 units, an increase of 5.7 percent.
“With TLX less than a month on the market, our dealers are reporting incredible showroom traffic with customers trying to buy a TLX before we can get it on the dealer lot,” said Mike Accavitti, Acura division senior vice president and general manager. “Customer interest is the strongest we’ve seen on a new model launch, and we’re just now starting to deliver the highly-rated TLX four-cylinder and V6 SH-AWD models.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for August 2014|
|2014||2013||% Chg.||2014||2013||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||15,487||17,051||-5.8%||105,918||109,182||-2.5%|
|Memo: TSX Wagon||25||169||-84.7%||624||1,491||-57.9%|
|Memo: ILX Hybrid||24||125||-80.1%||330||1,128||-70.6%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts. ** Daily Selling Rate|