Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
Honda Division Breaks Annual Auto Sales Record as Honda and Acura Brands Set Numerous New Sales Marks
Jan 5, 2015
- Honda Division sets new annual record with total sales of 1,373,029 vehicles
- American Honda sets new light truck sales mark for calendar year and December
- Acura Division has best annual sales since 2007, with best-ever month & year for trucks
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported record Honda Division sales of 1,373,029 vehicles for 2014 as overall vehicle sales reached 1,540,872 units, the second-best result in company history and an increase of 1.0 percent for the year. AHM light truck sales reached new monthly and annual records with December sales of 67,479 units, an increase of 6.2 percent, and total 2014 sales of 702,351 vehicles, up 1.5 percent. Acura Division sales also gained strongly in December, posting a 13.1 percent gain on sales of 17,809 vehicles, helping push the division to its third best year since 2007.
The Acura Division reported total vehicle sales of 167,843 units in 2014, up 1.5 percent — the brand’s best year since 2007 – and third consecutive year of increased sales. Acura finished the year strongly with 17,809 new cars and truck sold in December for a total gain of 13.1 percent month-over-month.
The Acura MDX and RDX combined for new all-time annual and all-time monthly sales records on combined year-to-date sales of 110,546 units, up 12.6 percent, and December sales of 11,919, up 10.7 percent.
- MDX rode a wave of popularity en route to best-ever sales of 65,603 units for 2014, up 23.7 percent versus 2013. December sales were up 3.4 percent on sales of 6,761 vehicles for a new all-time sales record for any month.
- RDX also set annual and monthly records, with total 2014 sales of 44,865, up 0.3 percent, and December sales of 5,156, up 22.3 percent for the month.
- Total 2014 TLX sales reached 19,127 since its mid-August market debut, with December sales limited only by tight supplies of key models.
- ILX posted a strong December, with sales rising 10 percent on delivery of 1,730 units.
“The Acura MDX and RDX declared loud and clear why we call them the best 1-2 punch in the luxury SUV game, with record sales in the history of the Acura brand,” said Mike Accavitti, Acura division senior vice president and general manager. “With our passenger car lineup now strengthened by the successful launch of the all-new TLX, the upcoming introduction of the redesigned ILX, and the highly anticipated NSX supercar set for its global debut in Detroit, the Acura brand is poised for great things in 2015.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for December 2014|
|2014||2013||% Chg.||2014||2013||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||17,809||15,751||8.7%||167,843||165,436||1.5%|
|Memo: TSX Wagon||3||108||-97.3%||640||1,976||-67.6%|
|Memo: ILX Hybrid||9||44||-80.3%||379||1,461||-74.1%|
|Memo: RLX Hybrid||29||0||0.0%||133||0||0.0%|
|*Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts **Daily Selling Rate ***Memo line items are included in the respective model total ****Hybrid includes ILX Hybrid, RLX Hybrid and RLX Sport Hybrid|