Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
Diverse Lineup of Light Trucks and Sub-Compacts Leads American Honda February 2015 Sales Increase
Mar 3, 2015 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- Acura trucks set new February benchmark, with a 12.5 percent gain on sales of 8,415
- Honda Fit sets new February record, rising 81 percent on sales of 5,652 units
- Honda Pilot has February to remember, with sales up 82.7 percent
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported February Honda and Acura vehicle sales of 105,466 units, an increase of 5.0 percent versus February 2014. Sales of Acura light trucks set a new February record, rising 12.5 percent on sales of 8,415 vehicles. The Honda Division sold 92,474 vehicles in February—an increase of 4.1 percent for the month. The Acura brand posted sales of 12,992 units in February, rising 12.5 percent over the same period last year.
Acura trucks continue to light up the sales charts with RDX setting a new February best just ahead of the launch of the refreshed 2016 model. MDX also sold at near record levels during a transition month as the 2016 model became available at Acura dealers in early February. Combined, the RDX and MDX gave Acura trucks a new February sales record.
TLX sales remain strong, taking important share in the super-competitive mid-luxury sedan segment and spurring overall Acura car sales to 4,577 in February, an increase of 12.7 percent. And the significantly revised 2016 ILX went on sale mid-month, adding new power to a strengthening Acura sedan lineup.
- RDX captured yet another monthly sales record with 3,862 units sold in February, up 32.7 percent for the month.
- MDX maintained a strong pace as America’s 3-row luxury SUV sales leader easily surpassed 4,500 units again.
- RDX and MDX combined for a February record of 8,415 Acura trucks sold in February, an increase of 12.5 percent for the month.
“While bone-chilling winter weather takes its toll on much of the country, Acura sales continue to reflect a strong warming trend,” said Mike Accavitti, Acura division senior vice president and general manager. “Our MDX and RDX luxury SUVs remain red hot—with refreshed 2016 models only adding fuel to the fire. And the substantially upgraded 2016 ILX sport sedan now in showrooms nationwide will burn brighter than ever.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for February 2015|
|2015||2014||% Chg.||2015||2014||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||12,992||11,545||12.5%||24,974||22,368||9.4%|
|*** ILX Hybrid||5||42||-88.1%||8||69||-88.6%|
|*** RLX Hybrid||21||0||0.0%||35||0||0.0%|
|*** TSX Wagon||1||103||-99.0%||1||200||-99.5%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate
*** Memo line items are included in the respective model total