Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
- Honda Fit continues to post major increases, gaining 58 percent in March on sales of 6,640 units while jumping 73.2 percent for the first quarter of 2015
- Honda Pilot had another hot winter month, netting 11,937 sales for a 34.2 percent increase
- Acura posts a month-over-month increase of 12.9 percent on sales of 14,670 vehicles in March
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported March 2015 Honda and Acura vehicle sales of 126,293 units, with Honda trucks gaining 0.8 percent on sales of 51,516 units, while overall sales decreased 5.3 percent versus March 2014. The Honda Division sold 111,623 vehicles in March, a decrease of 5.2 percent for the month. The Acura brand posted sales of 14,670 units, down 5.8 percent over the same period last year.
Acura posted a month over month sales gain as trucks continue to set the pace for the luxury SUV segment. Acura sedans continue to build momentum, led by the TLX and the redesigned, repowered ILX, which is just arriving at dealerships nationwide.
- Total Acura sales are up 4.5 percent through the first quarter of 2015.
- TLX notched its third straight month-over-month increase with sales of 3,430 in March.
- MDX and RDX maintained a solid pace as total sales surpassed 9,400 units, even as significantly enhanced versions of each come to market.
“The continued leadership of the MDX and RDX in the luxury SUV segment demonstrates the positive direction we are taking with our Acura product lineup,” said Mike Accavitti, Acura Division senior vice president and general manager. “As we turn our attention to strengthening our lineup of Acura sedans, we are buoyed by the first Pirelli World Challenge series victory of the Acura TLX GT race car as a sign of good things to come.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for March 2015|
|2015||2014||% Chg.||2015||2014||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||14,670||15,580||-2.1%||39,644||37,948||4.5%|
|*** ILX Hybrid||4||46||-91.0%||12||115||-89.6%|
|*** RLX Hybrid||18||0||0.0%||53||0||0.0%|
|*** TSX Wagon||0||104||-100.0%||1||304||-99.7%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate
*** Memo line items are included in the respective model total