Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
Honda and Acura Trucks Combine for New American Honda Sales Record as Company Reports Robust July 2015 Sales Gains
Aug 3, 2015 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- American Honda shattered its previous July truck sales record set in 2006, climbing 13.2 percent on sales of 70,613 units leading an overall 7.7 percent increase for the month
- Honda CR-V has best-ever July with 31,785 units sold for an increase of 11.4 percent
- Acura RDX jumps 29.6 percent on sales of 4,577 for another July record
- Acura ILX also has best July with sales up 30.6 percent, joining TLX to boost Acura cars more than 100 percent for the month
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported an increase of 7.7 percent in July 2015, on sales of 146,324 Honda and Acura vehicles. Honda and Acura trucks led the July sales gain, combining for a 13.2 percent increase on sales of 70,613 vehicles. Honda Division sales rose 6.5 percent overall on sales of 131,409 units, while Acura reported a gain of 19.5 percent with 14,915 vehicles sold in July.
With a nearly 20 percent overall gain, sedans continue to evolve into one of the key Acura brand success stories. The recently refreshed ILX steps up with a best-ever July, combining with a still-streaking TLX to push Acura cars up 101.7 percent for the month. The RDX showed renewed strength as it set a new July benchmark with a nearly 30 percent gain, while the MDX is working through inventory issues.
- The redesigned ILX posted a second straight monthly record, gaining 30.6 percent on sales of 1,613 units
- The refreshed RDX continued its gains, jumping 29.6 percent with sales of 4,577 units in July
- Acura sedan sales totaled 5,361 in July, up 101.7 percent for the month.
“With Acura sedan sales continuing to strengthen, the Acura brand is on its strongest footing in years,” said John Mendel, executive vice president of American Honda. “With both sedans and trucks clicking with luxury buyers Acura is on pace for our best sales year in nearly a decade.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for July 2015|
|2015||2014||% Chg.||2015||2014||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||14,915||12,480||19.5%||102,002||90,431||12.8%|
|*** ILX Hybrid||0||35||-100.0%||19||306||-93.8%|
|*** RLX Hybrid||28||0||0.0%||147||0||0.0%|
|*** TSX Wagon||0||57||-100.0%||2||599||-99.7%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate
*** Memo line items are included in the respective model total