Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
American Honda Breaks October Sales Record on Strength of Light Trucks, Strong Honda Car Sales and All-Time Sales Record for Acura TLX
Nov 3, 2015 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- Total American Honda vehicle sales break October record with 131,651 units
- Honda brand sets new October record, rising 9.3 percent on sales of 115,572 vehicles
- Best-ever October American Honda truck sales of 64,226 vehicles, up 15.3 percent
- Honda Pilot has second best ever October with sales of 12,913 units, up 63.4 percent
- Acura RDX breaks October record on sales of 3,891 units, an increase of 22.4 percent
- Honda Accord and Civic post double-digit percentage increases of 11.0 and 15.0
- Strong Acura sedan sales include a 15.0 percent gain for ILX and record TLX sales
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported record-breaking October sales of 131,651 Honda and Acura vehicles, an increase of 8.6 percent. Honda Division sales rose to an October record of 115,572 units, up 9.3 percent, with truck sales rising 18.5 percent on sales of 55,930 for another October record and car sales reaching 59,642, up 1.8 percent. Acura sales were also up with total sales of 16,079, a rise of 4.2 percent, with Acura car sales gaining 12.5 percent on sales of 7,783 units.
All-time record sales of the TLX, shooting well past the 5,000 unit mark for the first time, and the record breaking October sales of the ILX pushed Acura sedan sales over the 7,000 unit threshold. With a double-digit sales gain, RDX sales rose to an October record of 3,891.
- RDX sales shot up 22.4 percent on sales of 3,891 units in October.
- Sales of MDX remained robust at 4,405 for the month despite limited supply.
- Acura cars posted a 12.5 percent gain on sales of 7,783 units on the strength of record breaking TLX sales of 5,777units (up 18.1 percent) and 1,860 units of the ILX (up 15.0 percent).
“We continue to strengthen the foundation of the Acura brand on the growing strength of sedan sales,” said Jon Ikeda, vice president and general manager of the Acura division. “Our balanced lineup of passenger cars and light trucks has Acura on track this year for our best annual sales total in almost a decade.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for October 2015|
|2015||2014||% Chg.||2015||2014||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||16,079||15,427||0.5%||148,098||135,177||9.1%|
|*** ILX Hybrid||0||15||-100.0%||22||360||-93.9%|
|*** RLX Hybrid||14||36||-62.5%||221||67||228.6%|
|*** TSX Wagon||0||5||-100.0%||2||635||-99.7%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate
*** Memo line items are included in the respective model total