Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
American Honda Reports November Car and Truck Sales
Dec 1, 2015 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- Robust Honda and Acura truck sales continue on record annual pace
- Honda Pilot gains 19 percent as sales surpass 10,000 for the month
- Acura RDX sets new November sales record, climbing 7.4 percent on sales of 3,691
- All-new 2016 Honda Civic pushes 8.6 percent model gain as first customers take deliveries in mid-November
- Accord, Civic and CR-V remain on pace to top 1 million units for the year
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported November sales of 115,441 Honda and Acura vehicles, a decrease of 5.2 percent in a month with two fewer selling days and one less weekend vs. a record-setting November 2014. Honda Division sold 103,197 units, with car sales reaching 53,900 and truck sales totaling 49,297 for the month. Acura sales totaled 12,244, with sedan sales of 4,461 and trucks reaching 7,783 units in November.
Acura truck sales remain on pace for a record year with combined sales of MDX and RDX approaching the 100,000-unit mark for 2015, while Acura sedan sales are up more than 20% in 2015, topping 60,000 units for the first time since 2013.
- Acura’s athletic RDX set a new November record, climbing 7.4 percent on sales of 3,691 vehicles.
- TLX sales of 43,572 units through the first 11 months of 2015 has now nearly tripled the 2014 combined sales total of the TLX and the outgoing TL and TSX models it replaced.
“With the Acura brand on track for our fifth consecutive year of increased sales and our best annual sales total since 2007 we continue to build strong momentum toward next year’s celebration of Acura’s 30th anniversary,” said Jon Ikeda, vice president and general manager of the Acura division. “We also recognize and embrace the challenges of an ultra-competitive luxury market as we sharpen our portfolio with products like the technologically advanced NSX and continue to build the brand with highly desirable vehicles throughout the lineup.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for November 2015|
|2015||2014||% Chg.||2015||2014||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||12,244||14,857||-10.4%||160,342||150,034||7.3%|
|*** ILX Hybrid||0||10||-100.0%||22||370||-94.0%|
|*** RLX Hybrid||13||37||-61.8%||234||104||125.8%|
|*** TSX Wagon||0||2||-100.0%||2||637||-99.7%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate
*** Memo line items are included in the respective model total