Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
American Honda Sets New February Record; New Civic and Honda Division Lead with Second Consecutive Monthly Records
Mar 1, 2016 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- Honda Division sets new February benchmark on sales of 106,212 vehicles
- All-new 2016 Honda Civic sets a new monthly record for the second month in a row with sales up 31.7 percent; with all-new Civic Coupe set to go on sale mid-March
- Acura ILX, the brand’s entry point and most youthful model, was up 56.4 percent
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported record February sales of 118,985 Honda and Acura vehicles, an increase of 12.8 percent. Honda Division set a new February record with 106,212 units sold, up 14.9 percent; Honda car sales reached 57,267 while record February truck sales totaled 48,945 for the month. Acura sales totaled 12,773 with sedan sales of 4,683 and trucks reaching 8,090 units in February.
While overall sales were down slightly for February, strong sales of the ILX, the brand’s gateway model; the launch of the Acura NSX online vehicle configurator in late February and a refreshed MDX set to debut at the New York Auto Show this month portend a strong year as the Acura brand approaches its 30th anniversary in late March.
- ILX followed up on a strong January result, rising an impressive 56.4 percent on sales of 1,500 units in February.
- MDX, challenged by low inventory levels, was the brand’s best-selling model for the month with sales of 4,292 units in February, down 5.7 percent.
“As we approach the 30th anniversary of the Acura brand in March and the launch of the NSX this spring, it’s encouraging to see the same kind of excitement associated with the early days of the brand,” said Jon Ikeda, vice president and general manager of the Acura division. “With a strong gateway model attracting new customers to the brand in the ILX, and an updated MDX about to debut at the New York auto show, it’s not simply cliché to say that the best is yet to come.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for February 2016|
|2016||2015||% Chg.||2016||2015||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||12,773||12,992||-1.7%||23,023||24,974||-4.0%|
|*** ILX Hybrid||0||5||-100.0%||0||8||-100.0%|
|*** RLX Hybrid||12||21||-42.9%||30||35||-10.7%|
|*** TSX Wagon||0||1||-100.0%||0||1||-100.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate
*** Memo line items are included in the respective model total