Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
American Honda Reports March Auto Sales Increase: Trucks Set New March Record While Sedans Post Major Gains
Apr 1, 2016 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- Trucks and sedans push American Honda to robust March sales of 138,221 units, a gain of 9.4 percent for the month
- American Honda trucks set new sales record, climbing 5.7 percent on sales of 64,453
- New Honda Civic sets new March sales record, jumping 21.8 percent while Accord gains 17.3 percent
- RDX leads Acura trucks, setting new March record with 34 percent gain
- Acura TLX performance sedan climbs 9.9 percent in March
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported March sales of 138,221 Honda and Acura vehicles, an increase of 9.4 percent for the month. AHM trucks set a new March benchmark, gaining 5.7 percent on sales of 64,453 units. Honda Division sales were up 10.5 percent with 123,369 units sold in March; Honda car sales reached 68,314, up 13.7 percent, while truck sales totaled 55,055, a 6.9 percent gain for the month. Acura sales totaled 14,852 in March, gaining 1.2 percent. Acura sedans were up 4.8 percent on sales of 5,454 while Acura trucks reached 9,398 sales for the month.
Acura enjoyed a balanced sales month, with the refreshed RDX SUV posting a remarkable 34 percent gain so set a new March record to lead the brand’s sales gains, while Acura performance sedans maintained strong sales despite a luxury sedan market where competitors are relying heavily upon fleet sales and incentives.
- RDX showed renewed sales strength in March, leading Acura truck sales with a 34 percent gain on sales of 5,310 units.
- TLX continued to hold a strong sales position near the top of the mid-luxury sedan segment with 3,768 units sold in March, rising 9.9 percent despite aggressive competitor sales tactics.
“Acura posted a solid month even as we gained fresh momentum from the New York Auto Show debuts of the 2017 MDX and NSX GT3 racecar,” said Jon Ikeda, vice president and general manager of the Acura division. “Our entire Acura team is excited by the market reaction to our new design direction and the preparation for delivery of the first all-new NSX.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for March 2016|
|2016||2015||% Chg.||2016||2015||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||14,852||14,670||-6.3%||37,875||39,644||-4.5%|
|*** ILX Hybrid||0||4||-100.0%||0||12||-100.0%|
|*** RLX Hybrid||19||18||-2.3%||49||53||-7.5%|
|*** TSX Wagon||0||0||0.0%||0||1||-100.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate
*** Memo line items are included in the respective model total