Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
Trucks and Compacts Star as American Honda Reports August Sales
Sep 1, 2016 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- American Honda and Honda Division trucks have best August sales ever
- Honda CR-V sets 2nd consecutive all-time sales record
- Honda core models—Civic, Accord and CR-V—each top more than 30,000 sales
- Honda’s smallest vehicles—Fit and HR-V—post largest gains for the brand
- Refreshed Acura MDX posts 8.1 percent gain to push Acura trucks up 2.5 percent in August
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported strong August sales of 149,571 Honda and Acura vehicles, a 3.8 percent decrease over August 2015 due in part to one fewer weekends than last year. American Honda trucks set a new August record, rising 4.3 percent on sales of 76,140. Honda Division sales totaled 135,325 units, with Honda trucks also setting an August record, gaining 4.5 percent on sales of 66,802. Acura Division sales were down 7 percent on sales of 14,246 units, also feeling the effects of the lost weekend. However, Acura trucks were up 2.5 percent on sales of 9,338 as new models continued to fill the pipeline.
With inventories building for the new 2017 MDX, sales continue to rise as more customers experience the bold new exterior styling and expanded complement of premium features and technologies. Adding a solid result from RDX, Acura truck sales were up 2.5 percent in August, with sedan sales held back in part due to one less weekend compared to August 2015.
- MDX sales increased 8.1 percent in August on sales of 5,131 units
- Acura trucks were up 2.5 percent overall for the month, with 9,338 vehicles sold
- The new NSX posted 22 sales in August as production continues to ramp up in Acura’s new NSX global production facility
“It’s great to see Acura’s Precision Crafted Performance DNA resonate with customers, as the new MDX gives luxury buyers their first taste of our new performance design direction,” said Jon Ikeda, vice president and general manager of the Acura division. “Together with the launch of the amazing new NSX, a resurgent Acura Motorsports program and growing intentions from younger buyers, we continue to build strong momentum for the Acura brand.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for August 2016|
|2016||2015||% Chg.||2016||2015||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||14,246||15,313||-7.0%||106,914||117,315||-8.9%|
|*** ILX Hybrid||0||1||-100.0%||1||20||-95.0%|
|*** RLX Hybrid||19||34||-44.1%||134||181||-26.0%|
|*** TSX Wagon||0||0||0.0%||0||2||-100.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate
*** Memo line items are included in the respective model total