Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
Records Fall Again as American Honda Reports September Sales
Oct 3, 2016 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- Honda and Acura brand trucks have best-ever September sales
- Honda Division posts new overall September sales mark
- Honda CR-V breezes past previous September best with new record for the month
- Honda passenger car sales remain strong as Civic lineup continues to grow
- Acura’s refreshed 2017 MDX enjoys robust 14.3 percent increase while RDX gets a new September record
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported robust September sales of 133,655 Honda and Acura vehicles, a 0.1 percent decrease from September 2015. American Honda trucks set a new September record, gaining 8.5 percent on sales of 69,069 units. The Honda Division also set a new September mark, gaining 1.5 percent on total sales of 120,842 units, with Honda trucks additionally setting a new September record, rising 8.6 percent on sales of 60,220 vehicles. Acura trucks shared the record bounty as well, with an increase of 8.4 percent on sales of 8,849 units for a new September milestone.
Truck sales led the way for the Acura brand with a new September record, and sales of the RDX reached a best-ever September as well. The refreshed MDX also performed strongly, with sales gaining 14.3 percent for the month as its new design continues to gain favor with buyers. TLX continues to strengthen its position and share in the challenging mid-size luxury sedan segment.
- RDX notched its best September ever, gaining 1.8 percent on sales of 3,919.
- With the MDX gaining significant market strength, Acura trucks sales increased 8.4 percent overall in September, with 8,849 units sold and a new record for the month.
“The success of the refreshed MDX, the first model to showcase the new Acura styling direction, is further validation of Acura’s Precision Crafted Performance brand direction,” said Jon Ikeda, vice president and general manager of the Acura division. “Step-by-step we are amping up performance as a signature for the brand and a clear point of difference over the competition.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for September 2016|
|2016||2015||% Chg.||2016||2015||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||12,813||14,704||-12.9%||119,727||132,019||-9.3%|
|*** ILX Hybrid||0||2||-100.0%||1||22||-95.5%|
|*** RLX Hybrid||24||26||-7.7%||158||207||-23.7%|
|*** TSX Wagon||0||0||0.0%||0||2||-100.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate
*** Memo line items are included in the respective model total