Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
Car and Truck Balance Continues to Power American Honda Sales in October
Nov 1, 2016 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- American Honda trucks set new October sales record with both Honda and Acura trucks setting new October benchmarks
- Honda CR-V has best-ever October sales
- Honda Civic remains on pace for best annual sales in model history
- Powering Acura’s October truck record, RDX also set a new October mark and MDX jumped 14.7 percent
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported October sales of 126,161 Honda and Acura vehicles, a decrease of just 4.2 percent versus October 2015 reflecting two less selling days than a year ago. American Honda trucks set a new October record, gaining 2.1 percent while overall sales at the Honda Division dipped slightly, by 2 percent. Both Honda and Acura trucks enjoyed a brisk October pace, setting new records for the month with gains of 1.1 and 8.4 percent respectively.
Acura light trucks set a new October sales record, led by the redesigned MDX with a double digit gain, even with two fewer selling days in the month. RDX returned to its record ways, surpassing its previous best October (2015) for another new record. The new NSX supercar posted its best month to date as the Performance Manufacturing Center, the exclusive global home for the only supercar made in America, continues to work to meet demand for this customized model.
- Acura trucks climbed 8.4 percent with sales of 8,996 to set a new October record.
- The new MDX posted a gain of 14.7 percent on sales of 5,052 in October.
- RDX had it best October in history, rising 1.4 percent on sales of 3,944 vehicles.
“With sales of the redesigned MDX continuing to gather strength and the all-new NSX earning the Road & Track 2017 Performance Car of the Year award, we are excited about the continued momentum of the Acura brand,” said Jon Ikeda, vice president and general manager of the Acura division. “We will continue to point Acura in a strong performance direction.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for October 2016|
|2016||2015||% Chg.||2016||2015||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||12,869||16,079||-13.8%||132,596||148,098||-9.8%|
|*** ILX Hybrid||0||0||0.0%||1||22||-95.4%|
|*** RLX Hybrid||13||14||0.0%||171||221||-22.0%|
|*** TSX Wagon||0||0||0.0%||0||2||-100.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate
*** Memo line items are included in the respective model total