Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
American Honda Continues Record Sales Pace in January
Feb 1, 2017 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- American Honda sets new January records for total vehicle and total truck sales
- Honda Division also sets new January benchmark for total vehicle sales
- Honda trucks jump 30.2 percent for best-ever January
- Honda CR-V smashes previous January record as it gains 52 percent for month
- Acura trucks remain strong with RDX topping last year
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported total January sales of 106,380 Honda and Acura vehicles, an increase of 5.9 percent over January 2016 and a new record for the month. Total Honda Division sales as well as Honda truck sales also set new January records, with total Division sales rising 7.7 percent on sales of 97,178 and trucks up 30.2 percent on sales of 51,337 units. Acura Division sales totaled 9,202 vehicles in January, a decrease of 10.2 percent.
Acura brand sales remained fairly steady in January, with Acura light trucks demonstrating continued strength as RDX gained ground and MDX maintained a solid pace, even before dual sourcing of Acura’s three-row luxury SUV begins this spring in Ohio, promising increased supply.
- RDX sales were up 3.2 percent for the month, with 3,202 vehicles sold in January.
- NSX notched sales of 50 units for the month.
“In a month marked by major storms across the country, Acura maintained a steady pace with trucks leading the way,” said Jon Ikeda, vice president and general manager of the Acura division. “And a strong showing of the Acura NSX GT3 in its debut at Daytona last weekend just adds to the momentum building around the Acura brand.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for January 2017|
|2017||2016||% Chg.||2017||2016||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||9,202||10,250||-10.2%||9,202||10,250||-10.2%|
|*** Memo: RLX Hybrid||11||18||-38.9%||11||18||-38.9%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate
*** Memo line items are included in the respective model total