Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
American Honda Cars and Trucks Continue Strong Balanced Sales in May
Jun 1, 2017 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- Honda HR-V sets new all-time monthly record in May, jumping 29 percent
- Honda CR-V exceeds 32,000 sales for the month to post a 9.6 percent increase
- Accord and Civic join CR-V, with each posting more than 31,000 sales for the month
- Acura TLX sales increase 8.4 percent in May after record April sales
- Acura RDX sales gain 12.8 percent in May, pushing Acura trucks to a 7.8 percent rise
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported total May sales of 148,414 Honda and Acura vehicles, an increase of 0.9 percent over May 2016. Honda Division rose 0.7 percent on sales of 134,475 units, with trucks up 5.6 percent on sales of 63,650, and cars down 3.4 percent on sales of 70,825. Acura Division sales were up 2.8 percent in May, on sales of 13,939 vehicles, with trucks increasing 7.8 percent on sales of 9,456, and cars down 6.4 percent on sales of 4,483 units.
Acura continues to show renewed momentum in the second quarter as TLX—the brand’s best selling sedan—gained ground again in May after a record-setting April. Sales of Acura’s sporty RDX also surged in May, joined by strong sales of MDX to push Acura trucks ahead of last year. Overall, the Acura division showed an increase of 2.8 percent on sales of 13,939 vehicles.
- TLX gained 8.4 percent in May on sales of 3,508 units, creating momentum for the refreshed 2018 TLX hitting dealer showrooms across the U.S. today.
- RDX enjoyed another strong month in a very competitive segment, rising 12.8 percent on sales of 5,149 in May.
- MDX sales were up 2.4 percent in May with 4,307 units sold, just as the company began dual sourcing production for the MDX at the company’s East Liberty Plant in Ohio.
- Acura trucks were up 7.8 percent overall on sales of 9,456 units.
“With a perfect sense of timing, the redesigned 2018 Acura TLX starts sales today just as the outgoing TLX is enjoying some of its best months,” said Jon Ikeda, vice president & general manager of the Acura division. “Coupled with the recently launched MDX Sport Hybrid, the Acura brand is building renewed energy through the brand’s distinctive performance direction.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for May 2017|
|2017||2016||% Chg.||2017||2016||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||13,939||13,561||-1.3%||59,833||67,642||-11.5%|
|*** RLX Hybrid||14||18||-25.3%||104||1||20.9%|
|***MDX Sport Hybrid||148||0||0.0%||205||86||0.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate
*** Memo line items are included in the respective model total