Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
Nov 1, 2017 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- Civic leads strong month for Honda car sales, setting new October record with 15 percent gain
- All-new 2018 Accord helps America’s best-selling midsize car to strong month
- Honda Pilot gains 18.5 percent, supported by increased production volume
- Acura MDX has strong month with sales of 5,287 based on increased production
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported October sales of 127,353 Honda and Acura vehicles, an increase of 0.9 percent vs. October 2016. With strong sales of passenger cars, Honda Division reported an increase of 1.2 percent on sales of 114,655. Acura Division sales were down slightly at 1.3 percent on sales of 12,698 vehicles.
Acura sales were led by MDX, which gained again as it benefitted from higher production volume with the complete shift of production to the East Liberty Plant in Ohio. And while sedan and RDX sales were challenged by the aggressive incentives by competitors, the NSX had its best sales month since going on sale in 2016 with a 30 percent gain in October.
- MDX sales were up 4.7 percent in October, with 5,287 units sold.
- RLX sales are climbing, helped more significantly by the RLX Sport Hybrid as it continues to gain recognition. RLX gained 6.5 percent on sales of 99 units.
- ILX sales were up 2.6 percent on sales of 1,025 vehicles.
“We’re pleased to see the higher inventory from the move of Acura MDX production quickly result in stronger sales,” said Jon Ikeda, vice president & general manager of the Acura division. “With the redesigned RLX ready to hit the market in the coming days sporting a strong expression of the new Acura design direction, we’ll look to close 2017 with stronger sedan sales.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for October 2017|
|2017||2016||% Chg.||2017||2016||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||12,698||12,869||2.6%||126,824||132,596||-4.4%|
|*** RLX Hybrid||26||13||108.0%||187||171||9.4%|
|***MDX Sport Hybrid||203||0||0.0%||1,278||0||0.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate
*** Memo line items are included in the respective model total