American Honda Posts March Sales Increase as Balanced Sales of Cars and Trucks Propel Honda and Acura
Apr 3, 2018
Honda brand sets new March record for total sales, rising 2.6%
- AHM trucks set new March sales record with an increase of 7%
- Honda brand truck sales jump 7% for best March sales
- Acura TLX leaps 43% for best ever March sales; RDX gains 17%
“The Acura brand delivered another strong sales performance in March with TLX and RDX leading the charge with double-digit, year-over-year sales increases. While headwinds remain relative to midsize luxury sedan sales, TLX is continuing to pick up market share and outselling notable competitors.”
Acura brand sales gained sharply in March, rising 15.7% as sedans enjoyed major gains, fueled primarily by record TLX sales and a strong month for RDX.
- Total Acura car sales were up 35.2% in March, while trucks gained 6.4% for the month.
- TLX starred for Acura, posting record March sales of 4,014, up 42.6% vs. March 2017. The sporty V6 A-Spec model has sparked new interest in TLX, as a new 4-cyl. A-Spec model enters the market today.
- RDX sales also were robust in March, up 16.7% on sales of 4,398 units as the brand looks ahead to an all-new 2019 RDX this summer.
- TLX off to a great start in 2018, outselling Audi A4 and others. Arrival this week of 2.4L A-Spec model adds to momentum.
- Already two of the top three luxury SUVs to younger buyers, the 2019 RDX and 2019 MDX will receive youthful A-Spec sport appearance variants in the next few months.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for March 2018|
|2018||2017||% Chg.||2018||2017||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||13,537||11,696||11.6%||33,414||31,762||2.5%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate