Jul 3, 2018
- Light trucks lift American Honda to new June records for total vehicles and trucks
- Acura RDX sets all-time best sales month and all-time record month for any Acura SUV on gain of 37%
- Acura trucks set new June record, up 17% on record RDX and strong MDX sales; total Acura brand up 3.5%
- Honda brand nets new June total vehicle and trucks sales records, rising 5% overall as trucks gain 11.2%
- Honda Pilot and CR-V set new June records, with CR-V up 17.5% and Pilot jumping 35.8%
- Honda Civic rises and Accord stays strong, the two combining for over 58,000 in June sales
Representing the beginning of a new era in Acura product design and development, the all-new 2019 Acura RDX delivered big results in just its first month of sales, smashing its all-time monthly record.
- RDX sales jumped 36.9% over June 2017 (itself a record month) on sales of 7,292 units, setting an all-time RDX sales record for any month.
- RDX also set a new sales record for all Acura SUVs, eclipsing the previous record of 6,761 set by MDX in 2014.
- RDX sales in June were also the highest of any Acura model in any month since April of 2006 (TL).
- Adding strong MDX sales gave Acura trucks a new June record, rising 16.9%.
- The first in a new generation of Acura products, the 2019 RDX went on-sale in June with more performance, features and luxury than ever before.
- ILX topped the Small Premium Car segment in the J.D. Power 2018 U.S. Initial Quality Study (IQS), and is gaining share among new entry-luxury buyers in a challenging market.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for June 2018|
|2018||2017||% Chg.||2018||2017||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||14,532||14,038||-0.3%||72,653||73,871||-2.9%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate