Aug 1, 2018
- All-new 2019 Acura RDX scores second-consecutive sales record with 5,784 units sold in July
- Honda Pilot sales continue momentum – jumping another 30.5% in July, bolstered by redesigned 2019 model
- Honda CR-V sales top 32,000 for the month – advancing industry retail SUV sales leadership
- New Honda Insight quickly posts nearly 2,000 sales in its first full month even before marketing launch
Acura light trucks returned as a 1-2 punch powerhouse with the new RDX posting a second consecutive monthly sales record and MDX contributing strong sales boosted by a refreshed 2019 model that entered the market on July 17.
- RDX sales totaled 5,784 for the month — a new July record.
- The just-refreshed MDX, with a new A-Spec variant for 2019, helped the perennial best-seller to more than 4,300 sales in July.
- Last year’s update to the TLX, including the A-Spec model, has been well received by the market, with TLX outselling BMW 3-Series and Audi A4 on a retail basis in the first half of 2018.
- The addition of Acura’s A-Spec package to the 2019 MDX lineup adds a new dimension to America’s all-time best-selling 3-row luxury SUV.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for July 2018|
|2018||2017||% Chg.||2018||2017||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||13,247||14,177||-2.7%||85,900||88,048||-3.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate