American Honda Reports August Sales Increase as Trucks Smash Previous Records
Sep 4, 2018
- Three-peat for the 2019 Acura RDX – 5,793 units sold in August yield third-consecutive monthly sales record
- Honda Pilot sales continue to skyrocket in August with 60% gain – heading to all-time annual record
- Honda’s electrified vehicles score all-time best sales month with 5,884 units sold
- Acura sales jump 14.8% in August, as light truck sales surge to record heights
Acura brand sales gained sharply in August, up 14.8% as light trucks set an all-time sales mark for August.
- It’s three in a row for RDX, with sales totaling 5,793 for the month — a new August record.
- Fresh off an update for the 2019 model year, including the addition of a new A-Spec package, MDX jumped 38% on sales of 6,252 units.
- The Acura RDX – the #1 retail-selling compact luxury SUV for 2018 – just earned the highest possible IIHS safety award, TOP SAFETY PICK+.
- The innovative 3-motor Sport Hybrid SH-AWD® system that powers the NSX is also available in the MDX and RLX.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for August 2018|
|2018||2017||% Chg.||2018||2017||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||15,072||13,132||14.8%||100,972||101,180||-0.7%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate