Truck Sales Soar in September with Multiple Records for American Honda
Oct 2, 2018
- American Honda light trucks set new September record, gaining 6.3%
- Honda brand trucks have best-ever September, with Pilot posting record September, up 50%
- Honda electrified vehicle sales set new monthly record, topping 5,000 units for third consecutive month
- Acura sales rise 4.4%, fueled by record September truck sales
- RDX sets fourth straight monthly sales record with massive 54% gain; MDX sales top 4,600 units
The new RDX continued to break sales records and combined with strong MDX sales to set a new September record for Acura trucks.
- RDX set its 4th straight monthly sales mark since launching in June. Sales totaled 5,699 for the month, a gain of 54.3%.
- Acura’s flagship luxury SUV, the MDX, turned in another strong performance with sales of 4,643 units in September.
- The refreshed and re-energized 2019 ILX goes on sale later this month.
- The refreshed 2019 ILX completes the first phase of the Acura brand design transformation with all core models sporting the signature Diamond Pentagon Grille and an A-Spec model.
- Acura’s revolutionary True Touchpad™ Interface is a hit with RDX customers and won praise from the editors at Ward’s, who said it’s “everything you could want in a user experience.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for September 2018|
|2018||2017||% Chg.||2018||2017||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||13,511||12,946||8.5%||114,483||114,126||0.3%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate