Acura Brand Nets Double-Digit Sales Gain for American Honda in November
Dec 3, 2018
- Acura car and truck sales continue momentum, with the brand gaining 10.5% for the month
- Acura trucks and RDX set new November sales records—the 6th straight monthly mark for RDX
- Honda Accord sales remain strong with 1.6% increase in November
- Sales of Honda electrified vehicles surpass 5,000 units for 5th straight month
The 2019 RDX scored its 6th straight monthly sales record, combining with rising sales of the newly refreshed ILX to push Acura to across-the-board increases for brand, passenger cars and trucks in November. Acura trucks also gained a new record for the month.
- Acura brand sales gained a total of 10.5% in November, with cars up 2.2% and trucks rising 13.8%.
- The award-winning 2019 RDX jumped 57.6% on sales of 5,951 units for its best-ever November.
- ILX, fresh from its 2019 redesign, gained 27.5% on sales of 1,051 units, even as production of the new model continues to ramp up.
- With six straight record months, the new RDX is the top retail-selling model in luxury’s largest segment and a finalist for 2019 North American Utility of the Year.
- A-Spec has become one of the most sought-after packages in the TLX lineup. It’s now available on ILX and all SUVs.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for November 2018|
|2018||2017||% Chg.||2018||2017||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||14,053||12,716||10.5%||142,160||139,540||1.5%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate