American Honda and Honda Brand Set March Sales Records Fueled by Robust Car Sales; Acura Brand Continues Resurgence
Apr 2, 2019
- American Honda nets car, truck and overall March sales records, rising 4%, 4.5% and 4.3% respectively
- Honda cars gain 5.3% while trucks rise 2.9% resulting in March records for both, as well as Honda brand
- Honda cars sales surge with Accord gaining 5%, and Civic up 3.3% with a new March record
- Acura sales increase 6.4% in March as resurgence continues with 8.9% gain in first quarter of 2019
- Acura RDX sets yet another monthly sales record with a 32.7% increase
Acura sales continued strong momentum with its best March sales in five years, rising 6.4% as the brand completed a strong first quarter. Driving the gains were ILX, up more than 40%, and RDX, which set a new March record.
- ILX jumped 41.3% on sales of 1,289 units, while TLX sales of 3,141 marked its best month since March 2018.
- RDX sales increased 32.7% in March, on the way to setting a 10th consecutive monthly record on sales of 5,835 vehicles.
- MDX maintained a strong pace with sales of nearly 4,000 units.
- MDX is posting solid gains over 2018, heading toward an 8th consecutive year of 50,000 units or more — and remaining as the best-selling 3-row luxury SUV of all-time.
- TLX is outselling key competitors including the BMW 3-Series, Audi A4 and offerings from Lexus, Volvo, Alfa Romeo and Cadillac.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for March 2019|
|2019||2018||% Chg.||2019||2018||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||14,408||13,537||10.4%||36,385||33,414||10.3%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate