American Honda Announces May Sales Results
- Acura sales up 5.7% in May as truck sales remain on winning streak and ILX surges
- Acura RDX sets new May sales record with gain of 15%, capping year of record sales since launch
- Honda Civic continues utter dominance of compact sedan segment, topping 32,000 sales
- New Honda Passport has best sales month yet, while Pilot and HR-V remain strong
May brought strong sales results for Acura, with another record month for RDX, an 8% increase for MDX, and a 21% gain for ILX, Acura’s gateway model.
- RDX set a new May record, its 11th out of the last 12 months, gaining 15.1% on sales of 5,415 units to further cement its status as #1 retail sales leader in segment and #3 model in all of luxury.
- The refreshed ILX, which plays a critical role in conquesting buyers new to the Acura brand, gained a robust 21.1% on sales of 1,351 vehicles in May.
- MDX showed a solid increase of 8% for the month on sales of 4,425 units.
- Acura is showing strength this year with 7% retail growth, while major competitors are stuck in neutral or showing losses in retail sales.
- The all-new RDX is completing its first year on the market with all-time record sales and now stands as the retail #1 model in luxury’s largest segment and #3 model in all of luxury.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for May 2019|
|2019||2018||% Chg.||2019||2018||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||13,547||12,819||5.7%||61,619||58,121||6.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate