American Honda Announces June Sales Results
- Sales of Honda trucks were strong in June, with Ridgeline gaining 5%, CR-V exceeding 30,000 deliveries, and both Passport and Pilot finishing at high levels
- Honda Civic maintains compact segment sales leadership with nearly 30,000 units sold in June
- Refreshed 2019 Acura ILX sales jump 42% in June, strengthening its position near the top of its segment
Acura ILX continued to gain strength since its refresh with a strong showing in June, helping to strengthen its position near the top of its segment. MDX also gained for the month and RDX continues to lead the compact luxury SUV segment in retail sales for the year.
- Sales of Acura’s gateway luxury sport sedan, the ILX, jumped 41.7% on sales of 1,312 units in June.
- MDX sales were up 5% for the month with 4,087 units delivered, while RDX posted another strong month with 4,868 units sold.
- Nearly 99% of all Acuras sold in the U.S. are made in America – five of six Acura models are built in Ohio — topping all but one luxury brand.
- Building on an all-time annual sales record in 2018, Acura light-truck momentum continues, with RDX and MDX combining for a double-digit sales gain this year.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for June 2019|
|2019||2018||% Chg.||2019||2018||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||12,148||14,532||-13.2%||73,767||72,653||2.2%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate