Honda Trucks Set Records, Acura Cars Rise for American Honda in January
February 3, 2020
- American Honda trucks set new January sales record
- Honda brand trucks mark best January sales, rising 2.3%
- Honda truck sales gains led by HR-V with new January record (up 25%) and Ridgeline (up 57%)
- Acura brand car sales rise 6% as ILX climbs 16% and TLX gains 6%
Acura cars found sales strength again with a 6% gain in January as the brand’s gateway luxury sedan continued its segment-leading ways. The TLX sedan also rose in the first month of 2020 as buyers continue to recognize its balanced goodness.
- ILX scored its best January sales since 2016, gaining a robust 16.1%, while TLX sales rose 6%.
- Acura light trucks entered 2020 on a bit of a hangover after an incredible finish to 2019, but RDX and MDX still posted sales of almost 6,500 units.
- MDX just surpassed cumulative sales of 1-million units in the U.S., continuing its run as America’s best-selling 3-row luxury SUV of all-time.
- Acura’s gateway model, the ILX, was the retail #1 and fastest-growing model in segment with the highest percent of sales from under-35 buyers among all compact luxury sedans
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for January 2020|
|2020||2019||% Chg.||2020||2019||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||9,230||9,764||-5.5%||9,230||9,764||-5.5%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate