American Honda Reports March Auto Sales in the Face of Difficult Market Conditions
April 1, 2020
After a strong start to 2020, American Honda sales fall 48% in March due to impact of COVID-19 pandemic
- Considering the severe market impact, most Honda and Acura products continued to perform well in March.
- However, combined with declining demand from cautious consumers, hundreds of Honda and Acura dealers were closed in the 2nd half of March in compliance with mandates imposed on businesses by state and local governments.
- Honda and Acura dealers that were able to remain open did so, focusing their efforts on taking care of existing customers through vehicle service, maintenance, and repair, while preserving the health and safety of their employees.
COVID-19 Initiatives & Customer Support
- Honda is initiating a comprehensive new effort to harness the spirit of community in responding to the challenge of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- This includes a $1 million pledge to address the immediate needs of communities across the U.S., Canada and Mexico in providing the most vulnerable with access to food.
- Other initiatives include the donation of Personal Protective Equipment and use of 3D printers in Honda operations to produce protective face shields for healthcare providers and other actions to help people combat the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, click here.
- As the COVID-19 pandemic can add financial stress to the lives of our customers, Honda and Acura have offered to help customers who have financed their vehicle through Honda Financial Services or Acura Financial Services with payment extensions and deferrals, as well as available late fee waivers.
- Honda is also providing an industry-first special offer for first responders and medical professionals, out of respect for their contribution to our communities across the country
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for March 2020|
|2020||2019||% Chg.||2020||2019||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||7,037||14,408||-47.3%||28,532||36,385||-21.6%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate