January 5, 2021
Acura completed 2020 with strong December sales performances, both at the gateway to the lineup with ILX and at the top with MDX which posted its best month since August 2018. 2021 promises to be an exciting year with the arrival of the fourth-gen MDX and the return of Type-S performance variants.
- ILX enjoyed another strong month in December with sales of 1,417 units, gaining 8.6% for the month.
- Acura SUV sales topped 100,000 units for the 7th straight year.
- RDX sales surpassed the 50,000 mark for the 6th consecutive year with total sales of 52,785 units in 2020.
- The all-new 2021 TLX is the quickest, best-handling and most well-appointed sedan in Acura history, and just earned the highest safety rating from IIHS: TOP SAFETY PICK+.
- As the new brand flagship, the 2022 MDX represents a quantum leap forward as the most premium, performance-focused and technologically sophisticated Acura SUV ever.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for December 2020|
|2020||2019||% Chg.||2020||2019||% Chg.||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||15,648||16,133||-13.4%||136,983||157,385||-13.5%||-13.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate