Honda and Acura Brands, American Honda, Set Multiple Sales Records in March
April 1, 2021
- Acura MDX has best sales month in history, while also powering Acura SUVs to best-ever month
- Acura brand posts best total March sales since 2005, with dramatic increases in SUV and sedan sales
Acura posted its best March sales since 2005, led by the all-new brand flagship, the 2022 MDX which claimed its best month in history while driving Acura SUVs to their best month ever. Sales of Acura performance sedans jumped 95.5% in March, led by the all-new TLX.
- Extending its lead as the best-selling 3-row luxury SUV of all time, MDX set a new monthly sales record of 8,782.
- MDX and RDX combined for best-ever month of SUVs sales with 13,488 units delivered.
- Sales of the all-new TLX jumped 109.4% in March, as the long-awaited TLX Type S performance variant prepares to hit the market this spring.
- Type S performance is set to return to the Acura lineup with the 2021 TLX Type S, debuting an all-new Turbo V6.
- Acura’s all-new flagship, the 2022 MDX, is poised to follow TLX and RDX in earning the highest possible rating from IIHS: TOP SAFETY PICK+
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for March 2021|
|2021||2020||% Chg.||2021||2020||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||17,831||7,037||153.4%||37,888||28,532||32.8%|