American Honda Light Trucks Find Silver Lining in Challenging 3rd Quarter for Auto Industry
October 1, 2021
- Acura TLX drives brand to best Q3 sedan sales since 2017; Type S boosts sales and showroom traffic
- Acura RDX posts best September and Q3 since 2018 as limited inventory restrains sales of hot MDX flagship
Acura continued to weather supply issues with a solid 3rd quarter led by higher sedan sales to stay on track for an annual sales increase in 2021.
- Bolstered by the all-new Type S variant, Acura TLX sales (1,952) notch best September since 2018 and best third quarter since 2016.
- RDX withstands supply issues to sport best September sales since 2018 (4,915) and best third quarter since 2018; all-new 2022 MDX remains in high demand, but supply issues related to microchip issue slow sales.
- With a quieter cabin and retuned suspension, the restyled ‘22 Acura RDX arriving in November is the most dynamic, comfortable and refined 5-passenger Acura SUV ever.
- 2022 NSX Type S is the most powerful and best performing NSX ever and the ultimate expression of Precision Crafted Performance.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for September 2021|
|2021||2020||% Chg.||2021||2020||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||9,413||12,941||-27.3%||126,939||95,654||32.7%|