Record Light Truck Sales Lead American Honda to Strong Finish in 2021 Despite Supply Issues
January 4, 2022
- American Honda nears 1.5 million in sales despite severe supply issues during 2nd half of 2021
- Acura SUVs set all-time annual sales record, leading Acura brand to highest annual sales in three years
- Acura MDX posts 2nd best annual sales of all-time with improved year-end supply and sustained demand
Acura finished 2021 on a high note with increased MDX inventory leading Acura SUVs to all-time best annual sales of 117,070 despite difficult supply constraints
- MDX posts strong December and 2nd best annual sales result, topping 60,000 units for the first time since 2014
- RDX tops 57,000 units on strength of refreshed ’22 model and PMC Edition
- ILX leads Acura sedans in December; all-new Type S variant represents nearly 40% of TLX sales
- Acura introduced three Type S models in 2021, the highest expression of performance for the brand.
- Integra returns this year as an all-new performance gateway model for Acura.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for December 2021|
|2021||2020||% Chg.||2021||2020||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||11,040||15,648||-29.4%||157,408||136,983||14.9%|