Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
American Honda Sets 3rd Straight Annual Sales Record with Best-Ever December for Trucks
Jan 3, 2018- TORRANCE, Calif.
- American Honda breaks all-time annual record for total Honda and Acura vehicle sales with 1,641,429 units in 2017, a gain of 0.2%
- New light truck annual sales mark set for Honda and Acura combined, rising 3.3%
- Honda Division sets 4th consecutive annual sales record, up 0.7% on sales of 1,486,827 in 2017 with all-time sales marks for Civic, CR-V and HR-V
- Honda trucks achieve best month ever (up 3.4%) and annual (up 4.1%) sales
- Acura RDX tops 50,000 units in sales for the third year in a row
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. (AHM) today reported its third consecutive all-time annual sales record on sales of 1,641,429 Honda and Acura vehicles in 2017, an increase of 0.2 percent over its previous best set in 2016. AHM also set new annual and monthly sales records for light trucks, recording 840,450 sales in 2017 for a 3.3 percent gain, and 86,740 sales in December, rising 1.4 percent. The Honda Division also reported record annual sales, gaining 0.7 percent on total vehicle sales of 1,486,827 while Honda trucks set new December and annual records, rising 3.4 percent on December sales of 75,856 and 4.1 percent on 2017 sales of 734,269. Total Acura Division sales declined 12.2 percent in December on sales of 15,062, and 4.2 percent in 2017 on total vehicle sales of 154,602.
Acura recorded its best sales month in 2017 in December, showing a positive trend with sales increasing over the last three months of the year. In addition to strong truck sales for RDX and MDX, sedan sales showed promise with TLX topping 3,000 sales in December.
- RDX ended 2017 with 51,295 sales for the year, the only vehicle in the fast-growing entry luxury SUV segment with three consecutive years above 50,000 units in sales – a critical foundation for the all-new RDX Prototype that will make its world debut the North American International Auto Show this month.
“The continued strength of the RDX is a great foundation for the next-generation RDX we will debut to the world in prototype form in Detroit later this month,” said Jon Ikeda, vice president & general manager of Acura Sales. “This is the first in a new generation of Acura products based on our Precision Crafted Performance brand direction and we’re pleased to reach this moment with growing momentum for the Acura brand.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for December 2017|
|2017||2016||% Chg.||2017||2016||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||15,062||17,148||-8.8%||154,602||161,360||-3.9%|
|*** RLX Hybrid||69||31||131.1%||292||235||24.7%|
|***MDX Sport Hybrid||228||0||0.0%||1,807||0||0.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate
*** Memo line items are included in the respective model total